What markets are manipulated and what will cause it to stop?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DrPepper, Mar 30, 2010.

1. While I agree that taking responsability for a losers in trading is extremely important if one wants to be succesful, that is not incompatible with seeking more knowledge about the market structure, participants and dynamics. Whether the said market is manipulated or not.

#61     Apr 1, 2010
  2. Good question. I always keep wondering why the stock markets have not crashed with all the bad news coming. Who is investing into the markets.

#62     Apr 1, 2010
  3. Its all rigged to the upside, all part of the re election efforts put forth by the controling party.

#63     Apr 1, 2010
  4. The banks that have all that free Fed money. The financial over hall is being used as leverage if the banks don't keep the market moving higher.

#64     Apr 1, 2010
  5. Follow up interview with GATA on the CFTC public hearing exposing the Gold paper game/JPM manipulation/treason (take your pick)... http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/3/31_GATA.html

I would suggest that you go and check the interview right now while it is sill available. Because it seems someone wants to shut it down. Or was it just a coincidence...?

Of course it was. You only see that in movies, this stuff doesn't happen in real life, does it? I mean, a whistleblower like Andrew Maguire and his wife wouldn't be hit by a hit-and-run driver the very next day of the CFTC hearing where the manipulation he had been trying to show them for months was publicized? No, we don't see that in real life. Only the mafia uses these techniques. Wait a minute...

#65     Apr 1, 2010
  6. If you're addressing me, I wish I knew enough about the gold/silver mkt to have an informed and meaningful opinion. However, I freely admit that I unfortunately know almost nothing.

#66     Apr 1, 2010
  7. Martin, I was not addressing you in particular. If you want to learn about the gold market, I recommend that you start with GATA.org.

#67     Apr 1, 2010
  8. That was a fascinating interview. They claim that gold and silver at the LBMA (London Bullion Marketing Association) is highly leveraged on the order of 100:1. If all of the countries and individuals took delivery on their long positions, there would only be about 1% of the gold and silver necessary to satisfy their claims. Comex apparantly would not be able to satisfy all of their long holders if they took delivery, either. They also claim that JPM has a large naked short silver position and routinely drives the price down to stop out most of the longs. Some e-mails that Andrew McGuire (the whistle blower) sent to the CFTC about it can be found below:

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwo...MANIPULATION_IN_ADVANCEBy_Andrew_Maguire.html

If what they say is true and if it were to become widely known, the price of physical gold and silver would go through the roof and all available bullion inventory would be drained.

#68     Apr 1, 2010
  9. As Andrew Maguire and others before have pointed out, the other risk is if one entity (or a group of entities) has the buying power to squeeze the massive short positions and forces them to cover.

#69     Apr 1, 2010