What market is best for scalping?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by robthequant, Nov 20, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

forexchief.PNG

#21     Dec 18, 2018
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

it is the same at the CME..member ship has its advantages

#22     Dec 18, 2018
  3. REDP1800

REDP1800

so wait.. are you saying there is less spread scalping by outsiders ? so this could make it actually regulated by the owner offering the currency exchange

I know ZERO about fx trading.. alway been scard since it is unregulated and hundreds of liquidity pools..

#23     Dec 18, 2018
  4. qlai

qlai

I am not an expert, but I assume that everything you are "not happy" about CME times 100 :) They are bucket shops at the worst and "payment for order flow" pass through entities at the best, imho.

#24     Dec 18, 2018
    REDP1800 likes this.
  5. Visaria

Visaria

#25     Dec 18, 2018
  6. REDP1800

REDP1800

Let me be clear. I am not someone who is mad about my losses and I am not blaming CME. I don't blame them when I win and I don't blame when I lose. however, the CME acts so high and mighty as if the market is the cleanest in the world and nothing illegla or rule bending ever happens. ha ha ha

#26     Dec 18, 2018
    qlai likes this.
  7. bone

bone

You're kinda asking a misguided question for a number of reasons.

IMHO your two most important considerations are: 1. the capital for margin you have available to you, and 2. your trading system edge.

Item 1. is known for all the markets you listed. Item 2. will be quite variable and highly reliant upon your skills and competency for all the markets you listed. A trading system that works for CL may very well suck for ES.

Another thought: your "list" discounts the possibility for leverage assistance in a low volatility product name. You trade the markets you are very good in. Being very good in a specific market is priority one if you want to be a competent scalper. Let's say, for the sake of discussion - that happens to be the US Five Year Note Future. You have up OnTR and OffTR cash feeds, all the other related short dated and long dated Treasuries, an excellent grasp on the technicals and fundamentals that move the US Five Year; it's your game. You're supremely confident with the Fives and you are very good at managing the order queue and working bids and offers in that market. Let's say for the sake of discussion that you can take 3 pips out of the US Fives per day on average. That's $23.44 (rounded). If you've got a $125K account I would imagine that Advantage Futures would probably let you take a 100 lot intraday if you're going to be flat at the close. The SPAN margin on a one lot in the ZF is quite less than CL for obvious volatility reasons.

So, can you make a living on $2,344 per day? Sure.

You can trade 100 lots in a low vol market or 2 lots in a high vol market. You can lease a CBOT AM for $343 per month or a NYMEX seat for something like $423 per month if the volume justifies it.

Point being - expertise trumps everything. Trade what you are very good at.

#27     Dec 18, 2018
  8. Yes they are. They also provide liquidity for other brokers.

#28     Dec 27, 2018
  9. qlai

qlai

I don't understand how people trade with these bucket shops. Maybe if you trade peanut account, they don't care. But as you start trading more money, how can you trust them? For example, if you get stopped, do you have any way to see if the pair actually traded at that level anywhere else?

#29     Dec 27, 2018
  10. Winjak

Winjak

Forex market is probably the most comfortable for Scalping. It's created for intraday trading and that's where scalpers feel pretty nice :rolleyes:. And you can confirm from that by opening a practice account. It's asolutely free, for instance here.

#30     Dec 27, 2018