What makes you angry when you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Grantx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. exhale........better if deeply

#61     Sep 22, 2017
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

It really is infuriating when it happens - you start wondering whether your analysis was bad or it's just bad luck.

#62     Sep 23, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. Grantx

Grantx

Looking good on the gold front...

#63     Sep 25, 2017
  4. themickey

themickey

Not so.
    I bailed yesterday all of 10 gold positions, was noted in my ET journal update.

#64     Sep 27, 2017
  5. GotherL

GotherL

When I try to trade a stock and rejected cause of insufficient buying power and see it pop over 400% in the next 5 min. (Screw me for not having a calculator in my hand!)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    #65     Nov 16, 2017
  6. Alexfx79

Alexfx79

i can't say it makes me very angry, but sometimes I'm really surprised with my inattentiveness when not noticing signals

#66     Dec 12, 2017
  7. Peter8519

Peter8519

Jack Schwager's Market Wizard on Zen of trading. Trading should be effortless. Any stress, the trade will not turn out well. Just like riding a bicycle. The moment one struggles to keep the bicycle upright it's over.

#67     Dec 21, 2017
    comagnum and Cswim63 like this.
  8. GotherL

GotherL

I've a similar issue except my major pet peeve is my parent. She just won't stop yapping about random things, watching tv or blasting the radio during market hours. She is always nagging or yelling at something and she does that every single minute of her waking hours. She also has these impulsive habits like constantly wiping the table spot clean along with my keyboard when I am doing live trades. She even accidentally unplugged my pc once which resulted in a -$500 bagger. It is almost impossible to not get emotional tilt with her around. I can't really begin to describe the anger and frustration I had to put up with. Your lucky your situation is just a pet. Aleast, you can make him shut up. Asian parents from the older generation are the worse. So ignorant and annoying. Their beliefs and mentality is so different & counterintuitive to today's generation.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    #68     Jun 13, 2018
    lucysparabola and themickey like this.
  9. themickey

themickey

That was funny! :)

#69     Jun 14, 2018
  10. schweiz

schweiz

So she is managing your stoplosses? :confused:
    Maybe go and live alone? :thumbsup:

#70     Jun 14, 2018