What makes you angry when you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Grantx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. You should give up coffee and meat, and practice yoga and spirituality -- if you find yourself bashing your computer,
    [​IMG] o_O
    No amount of getting angry will make a trade right, or make you rich and successful with trading,
    Be in touch with nature; night and day, up and down, positive and negative, male and female, yin yang, sun moon, scared happy ...and how that generally plays or ties in with the market's tides,

You aren't an immortal trader...who is destined for Greatness.
    Know your place in life, and on the trading battlefield,

You look like John Travolta in the movie The Taking of Pelham 123 [2009]
    [​IMG]
    John Travolta plays an angry ex-trader who has a spiritual side. but curses alot. and is slightly racist.
    A great trader is excellent at reading people. picks up subtleness. almost a sleuth...always calm/neutral,...perpetually considering things,

have Elite Tentacles...Not elite Testicles,

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    #31     Sep 15, 2017
    smallStops and Grantx like this.
  2. Grantx

Grantx

Do you still use IB and Sierra? Just wondering how youre going with it now because thats my current setup.

Actually thats something that got my goat - I moved from Ninja8 which I paid 1000 bucks for and didnt even end up using (still irritates me when I think about it) because it gave me no end of grief. Spent more time troubleshooting platform issues than trading.

#32     Sep 15, 2017
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I am the only thing that makes me angry when I trade, because the markets are immune to me. I am not immune to myself.

P.S. That looks like a Jack Russell in the pic. A dog like that would make me angry also, what with it's barking all the time.

#33     Sep 15, 2017
  4. I get upset when a news of geopolitical event or a natural disaster hits the wire while I am long the market! For example, I was long NQ when the North Korean nut fired one of his missiles! I did not like that. Another example, I was long the USD/JPY when that earthquake hit Japan few years ago. That was not fun either.
    :)

#34     Sep 15, 2017
  5. nothing, as of now.

#35     Sep 15, 2017
  6. themickey

themickey

Not using either anylonger. I like Sierra a lot but I dumped IB as the buginess of it all sent my blood pressure through the roof.

#36     Sep 16, 2017
  7. When my friends text me during trading hours.

My family understands and knows not to bother me during trading hours,but my friends have no clue or understand what's involved and have no interest in understanding ,even though I've tried to explain what it entails.

I've since put all friends on mute during trading hours,except for family in case of an emergency.

Now they get pissed off when I respond to their texts many hours later.

PS:Their texts are all nonsense and daily gibberish .

#37     Sep 16, 2017
  8. Grantx

Grantx

Na shes chilled. Shes old now. Occasionally bark/growls in her sleep while chasing something imaginery. Quite funny to watch.

#38     Sep 16, 2017
  9. Gasparov

Gasparov

this guy gets it

#39     Sep 16, 2017
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

I gave up beer and crack. Does that count?

#40     Sep 16, 2017