What makes you angry when you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Grantx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. wjk

wjk

I don't get angry much any more about trading (I used to). I do still get slightly irritated when I put fade entry or profit target orders out at significant S or R levels only to return to my computer later to find that the price I set my order at was near the bid or ask (whichever is appropriate), or worse yet, within the spread, but did not get filled because it didn't make it all the way to the bid or ask, often by less than a pip (just a couple of baby pips), and has since moved back away from those levels. This seems to happen a lot!

But the stop out orders? They seem to make it through the spread every single time (except those times when I close the trade a few pips early because it's approaching the stop). :banghead:

That said, it is what it is and I've learned to live with it. Part of the game.

#131     Aug 6, 2018
    MsFutures, CSEtrader and happyscalpie like this.
  2. PipMan77

PipMan77

I agree that it has the potential, but losses are way greater than profit during those times. But thanks for the tip. I'll try to switch approach in case of high volatile.

#132     Aug 7, 2018
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

More volatility is more potential money only if you can figure out in which way the volatility will go.

#133     Aug 7, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. Gasparov

Gasparov

It's easier said than done, I know. But once you recognize it's volatile/ranging, be a little patient with the entry so you risk less, and a little more impatient with the exit. Good luck!

#134     Aug 7, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. When market makes a sudden movement right out of the blue. I know such things are inevitable in forex but it still gets me. It jolts my trades and me alike. And also people who view forex trading as a quick and foolproof way to get rich. I really get pissed at them

#135     Aug 21, 2018
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I think that most traders react this way, myself included. One way to minimalize that stress (though it can't be elimitated altogether because surprises always happen) is to regularly check a Forex calendar for scheduled high impact events.

#136     Aug 21, 2018
  7. Bethany

Bethany

I try to keep my mind calm in every situation during trading.

#137     Aug 21, 2018
    Byrne.d46 likes this.
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

Do you succeed? Because sometimes I don't.

#138     Aug 22, 2018
  9. Yes I prefer forex factory forex calender. Any other you would suggest?

#139     Aug 24, 2018
    mlawson71 likes this.
  10. Bethany

Bethany

Forex factory calendar covers almost every economic event. You can check out bloomberg if you want,it is specially for US.

#140     Aug 28, 2018