What makes you angry when you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Grantx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. CheersK

CheersK

when i don't follow my rules

#91     Jun 16, 2018
  2. Arnie

Arnie

I think if I got angry on a regular basis I would stop trading. I think most people who do get angry is because they can't accept the uncertainty in trading.

#92     Jun 21, 2018
    cafeole likes this.
  3. When I believe with full conviction (and reason) about which way the market’s gonna go but then it runs away in the opposite direction. That‘s quite frustrating I’d say. More so because I’m pissed at myself for not having seen it beforehand. Once I ruined my entire winning trades as a result of this stupid mistake.

#93     Jul 23, 2018
  4. Ditto.

Traders can't get angry at the market. It has a "nature", and they know what that is. If the market makes you angry, you'd best not play. You can only get mad at yourself... almost always from lack of discipline.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    #94     Jul 23, 2018
    CSEtrader, _eug_ and deaddog like this.
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

Full conviction in trading is a dangerous thing. Always just a probability. It's ok to have a hypothesis, another thing to take it too seriously. Causality always difficult to establish, even after the fact.

#95     Jul 23, 2018
    sle likes this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I agree on principle, but people are often irrational and they do get angry at the market. The thing is to learn not to do that.

#96     Jul 24, 2018
  7. zdreg

zdreg

those type of traders pay for the college education of the children of floor traders /professional traders.
    in addition they pay for
    their mistresses and their cocaine habits :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    #97     Jul 24, 2018
    CSEtrader and themickey like this.
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

When I get angry I try to stop trading because anger is doing me no favours.

#98     Jul 28, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  9. I sometimes lose patience while trading. When i have to just wait and wait for the price to move in the right direction. Patience is not a strong suit of mine but i am working on it. I have been trying meditation for some time and it is proving to be really helpful.

#99     Jul 31, 2018
    CSEtrader and mlawson71 like this.
  10. mlawson71

mlawson71

You're not the first person I've seen mentioning meditation in that context, perhaps I should try it too.

#100     Jul 31, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.