What made you decide that you are a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by derg, May 10, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I am fast becoming a trader as my overspending habits are converging on wage attachment by lenders. WIN stands for Work is Nonprofit.

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. derg

derg

When I say that I'm a trader I mean that I have a natural aptitude for it (that I haven't bothered to exploit until recently.)

#12     May 11, 2006
  3. plugger

plugger

Fascinating stuff.

#13     May 11, 2006
  4. What might this natural aptitude be?

#14     May 11, 2006
  5. What does it take to be a trader?

#15     May 11, 2006
  6. When I started feeling I was consistent, not all over the place, that is when I felt like a real trader. The year before.... just learning to become a trader.

Electric, would say it is efficiency

#16     May 11, 2006
  7. The ferrari's and strippers is why I became a trader.

#17     May 11, 2006
  8. derg

derg

A number of things.

The ability to grasp complex mathematical concepts and data quickly and easily.

The tendency to think in terms of style more than substance and viewing knowledge qualitatively more than quantitatively.

Organizational skills.

Being motivated more by mental challenges than by greed, allowing detachment from emotions associated with greed.

The need to have a deep connection to the world of technology and energy.

#18     May 11, 2006
  9. derq,

I wish you the best of luck.

Trading is something that is learned with experience. Get in there, and give it a shot. But don't just open an account and expect to start making a living. To make a living in this business, you need sufficient capital, say $100k. Can you do it with less? Of course. But have realistic goals. Build consistency. Once you have consistency, all you have to do is trade larger size.

Just my 2 cents. good luck.

#19     May 11, 2006
  10. not havin' to rely on tradin' as main source of income is da major plus imo.

#20     May 11, 2006