What lifestyle would live someone who is guaranteed to get $1.2M/yr.?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Mar 29, 2010.

1. promagma

promagma

I agree, I love to travel .... but when no one speaks English .... unless you become fluent in another language it's gonna get old really quickly.

#21     Mar 31, 2010
  2. most likely he would be one of two extremes. Rich twat, or extreme filanthropist. Not a normal person anyways. It's always important to develop a social life. Saying traveling is fun is only half of it. It's not only the location. Traveling is fun because you meet new different interesting people. A private Island sounds nice at first, untill you realize you're pretty far off your family and friends and other humans. That's no way to live life, unless you have social disorders.:cool:

#22     Mar 31, 2010
  3. blox87

blox87 Guest

One of the best things I've read on this site.

Materials do not matter in the longrun.I learned this at a very early age and my christmas's have been pretty bland but I thank my parents to death for teaching me this value.

Relationships, family, friends, helping others, and spreading the love is what life is all about.

#23     Mar 31, 2010
  4. My grandfather is filthy rich; he couldn't spend all his money if he tried to. He lives in a huge mansion and is only visited by his employees and the family member he's bought. He's probably one of the most miserable person I've known. I understand he now has medical problems and that the few people in his life are taking advantage of him; I don't mind, they've waited and suffered long enough -- I cut myself out of the inheritance and haven't talked to him in years so I have nothing to lose.

If I had that kind of money, I'd enjoy it with others and make our dreams happen. I'd be the "tool" you see enter a race he has no business participating in, sponsor competitions, do a space flight, finance new adventures...

If you leverage that guaranteed income, you can have all kind of fun. Fun is where it's at.

#24     Apr 1, 2010
  5. First off, let me start you guys off in the right place:

http://www.meivoyageur.com/

Send an email to mei-legacy@netscape.com and have them make one of these for you.

They will handmake your carry-on luggage for you for about $140. Why this backpack style luggage? Well, the wheeled variety is actually harder to carry around when traveling all over the world and it simply does not fit as much stuff. You dont want to check in luggage, but just have one bag for all your gear. You can also bring one smaller bag on the plane, but this will be your main bag.

Second, then hit one of the travel sites like travelocity. Find a cheap ticket. Then your next stop is the airport.

If you like Colombia, then here is the link:

www.colombiarental.net

$50 a night for a beach front apartment and you can probably get it cheaper.

There are a lot of deals on Travelocity to Italy and such places for $1000 a week including airfare and hotel.

The best deal is probably Thailand. Bring that backpack above with enough clothes. Dont bother making reservations at a hotel, you can find one in Pattaya. There is no way you cannot be happy and not have fun in Pattaya...

#25     Apr 1, 2010
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Honestly? If I got that kind of money.

. Buy a really nice house in the carribbean somewhere and live there until I can get a citizenship so I don't have to deal with income tax

. Buy apartments in places I've wanted to travel to and hang out in all my life

. Fund a number of business ventures I'm secretly planning which will both seriously help the economy and make me feel damn happy about having that much money in the first place

Oh, one of the plans I have when it comes to business ventures is create a full reserve bank. I think it would be a major lulworthy enterprise especially if it outlasts recessions.

#26     Apr 1, 2010