What Liberal Policies Got OBL Killed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, May 3, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Yesterday I looked at a half dozen threads here all trying to give Obama full credit, Bush full credit, or fault Obama entirely, or fault Bush entirely. Both "sides" were busy with this.

#11     May 3, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

It was a joke, settle down. I would have done the same thing.

#12     May 3, 2011
  3. Okay, sorry. Perhaps I'm not thinking straight today. I'm still getting over what happened here in Canada yesterday, as you may well imagine.

For a moment, I thought you went full bugscoe.

#13     May 3, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Tax and spend?

#14     May 3, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You're not happy with the results? The NDP nearly tripled their seats. Or, are you Liberal? I would not have guessed that.

#15     May 3, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

That aint going to mean much since Harper has a majority. :D

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. I had been Liberal ever since having made the mistake of voting for Mulroney twice in my youth. I am actually quite centrist, with some left leaning tendencies. And I am certainly more fiscally conservative than the Harper Government. As it happens, and for the very first time, I had voted NDP. I read the different platforms and, although I have thus far described myself as a Liberal, I like everything that Layton and his team had to say. I voted early, over a week ago. I was on the boat, off the boat. In the end, my choice was strategic, and I voted NDP, because they obviously had more traction in Quebec, and I wanted the Bloc to be decimated, which is what happened. Voting Liberal would not have helped pulvarize the BQ with such a wide and yawning disparity.

Given that Harper got a majority, I think that the NDP is a great counter balance. Further, the NDP of today is not the NDP of several years ago. So I am glad they did as well as they did, even though I was hoping against hope that they might even form a minority government. My only concern going forward is one of vote splitting among Liberals and NDPers in future elections.

Life goes on...

#17     May 3, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

It's just a video game for him. Just like Rahm was with the drones. Plan with your generals then watch live to see how well your plan works. Rack up the points. Osama must have been a point bonanza.

In real life, though, this was the right thing to do for America.

What liberal policy lead to the death of Osama?
    The policy to continue the Bush hunt for him. It sounds like the clues took years to develop from identifying Osama's courier to locating him to tracking his movements to deciding how, when and if to raid the compound and to keeping Pakistan and others out of the loop.

#18     May 3, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

Atleast we can all agree on the fact that the Bloc getting decimated was a good thing for everyone in Canada.

I have yet to hear anyone in a bad mood over that one, besides Duceppe of course. :D

#19     May 3, 2011
  10. maxpi

maxpi

damn... it just hit me how politics works... when conservatives are in office the bigmouth left spreads dissatisfaction to an extent that is almost inconceivable... then when the bigmouth left gets in office nobody has to say that much and the dissatisfaction rises to a high level [because they are absolutely irrational and unable to pay for all the help they promise]... so the bigmouth left is out of control and their out of control actions actually dominate the political conversation...

And people don't like me for not voting!!

#20     May 3, 2011