What lessons did you learn in 2017 that improved your trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rin4et, Jan 2, 2018.

1. algofy

algofy

I learned that Fran T doesn’t pay out of his bets!!

#11     Jan 2, 2018
    Overnight likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

"Trade what you see".

#12     Jan 2, 2018
    smallfil, cvds16 and R123 like this.
  3. Trade what you see -- and think -- with supporting loose logic and rationale behind it.

Trading is a dynamic...part art, part science activity. To think you can simply, blindly follow a tracing line up and down to riches is silly and naive, a bit.

Trading is like a mystery, suspense, thriller movie...it gives you tiny, subtle hints along the way to who may have done it, mixed in with a host of many other factors designed to throw you off...that is only clear and obvious in hindsight. But hindsight ability never pays.

But the great thing about trading, unlike gambling, is you can be completely wrong...but still reap great rewards. Your fate is not an all or nothing deal with the next turn of the card.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    #13     Jan 2, 2018
    R123 likes this.
  4. sle

sle

Smoking weed helps.

#14     Jan 2, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

It doesn't require an array of sophisticated computer equipment to trade effectively.
    Have heard many times on ET the words: "KISS", mainly in the context of systems or TA, but the principle also does apply to hardware.

#15     Jan 2, 2018
  6. R123

R123

Ditto Ditto Ditto, your supporting logic is your conviction, which then determines size, position risk, etc.

In addition for me, I customized my own risk system, that works with how I trade.

#16     Jan 3, 2018
    comagnum and vanzandt like this.
  7. Stdray

Stdray

Should have bought some bitcoins.

#17     Jan 3, 2018
  8. cvds16

cvds16

I am now adjusting some thing into my method: only trade the combo of either 1H or 3H setups

#18     Jan 3, 2018
  9. tomorton

tomorton

2017 showed me I should -

go with every trend
    pyramid every winner
    scale out of every loser

#19     Jan 3, 2018
  10. cvds16

cvds16

hmmm, pyramiding is a dangerous game only to be used on very specific occasions (even then) ... and you shouldn't scale out of every loser; you should get rid as fast as you can of losers

#20     Jan 3, 2018