What lapse of discipline pisses you off the most?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by catmango, Jun 5, 2003.

1. materusa

materusa

It really pisses me of when I don't use or lift my stop loss.:mad:

#11     Jun 7, 2003
  2. Elliott

Elliott

This element of trading discipline is my most difficult. As a swing trader in futures, to look at a trade develop and hesitate to pull the trigger or be in a trade and hesitate to adjust stops according to your preset plan, these are difficult issues to cope with. Especially when you would have been more profitable had you went according to plan.

I hated this nervousness of the stomach so much that I started a training program for myself to go over trading decisions I should have made according to plan, plug the $ figures in, and see what profits I would have had. Surprisingly, these little mental errors can cost a lot of profits.

What I also try to do often is to train like a batter or golfer. Try to make the adjustment to your basic swing to get the desired effect under various conditions. Take historical data and trade 3 month periods. See if you come up with the same triggers, stops, profits each time. This helps me with confidence in my plan.

Takes time but it works.

They say all great performers get nervous just before going on stage. Guess we're no different.

Much Success,

#12     Jun 11, 2003
  3. Flynn

Flynn

Just agree that you can't earn all money in the world

#13     Jun 11, 2003
  4. Kap

Kap

15 wins and 1 loss that wipes out the 15,

Missing an opprtunity is worse than losing !

#14     Jun 12, 2003
  5. I just hate it when I fall asleep at the computer during a trade ... yawn ....

#15     Jun 12, 2003
  6. omcate

omcate

Enter a trade and/or modify a trading plan under the influence of greed/fear.

:( :( :(
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

#16     Jun 12, 2003