What Kinda Chair Do You Trade From - and The Importance of Good Seating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neil, Feb 23, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

#71     Oct 11, 2003
  2. After trying many different chairs I found that my favorite is a simple folding chair with no padding. Strange but true.

#72     Oct 11, 2003
  3. Tea

Tea

a milk crate or an old tree stump

#73     Oct 11, 2003
  4. i like someones beanbag and tablet pc idea. do you find the remote tablet still feeds data at an acceptable speed?

i have been thinking that some day it would be great to set up a projector, and project my charts on a big empty wall, instead of glaring at this little bright screen

#74     Oct 11, 2003
  5. this thread has so many gag posts...weird.

anyway..after 3 years of fulltime trading my $60 task chair purchased at Staples finally gave way. The steel receiver that holds the back just snapped! Fortunately I didn't go to the floor a la Bam TV.

So now I'm in desperate need of a new chair. Aerons look cool and are available now at around $500 on ebay. I also think the new Mirra chair looks cool.

Ultimately I'd like to test a bunch out.

Any other good chairs I should try? I don't mind spending good money..but if a $200 chair will be just as good as a trendy $500 chair I'd rather spend less.

Thanks.

#75     Feb 12, 2004
  6. hjh9032

hjh9032

Check out the Haworth X99. I've seen some on ebay for $500.

#76     Feb 12, 2004
  7. Neil

Neil

My old comfy armchair is now outside in the rain and destined for the dump! It got on my nerves in the end and so I threw it out.. I am not sure it helped my trading at all!

Now I alternate between my leather rocking so called 'poets' chair.. a snip at 100 euro.. when I feel relaxed.... and a hard classic wooden dining chair .. for times I need to feel serious.. lol

Other times.. similar to vanilla's idea.. I decamp downstairs and feed a monitor to my widescreen tv and flip through charts on that.. not quite projector size but more comfortable to watch.. my wireless optical mouse actually works as my office is a galleried room above the living room and so its ALL comfort then.. I can stretch out on the sofa and really pretend its just a game.. :)

#77     Feb 12, 2004