What Kinda Chair Do You Trade From - and The Importance of Good Seating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neil, Feb 23, 2003.

1. rs7

rs7

You will be amazed at where it goes. As you can see, it eventually got closed. But it was an interesting, and I believe at the time, a record setting thread in it's number of responses. I thought I created a monster.

Have fun with it:)

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#41     Feb 24, 2003
  2. Hubert

Hubert

#42     Feb 24, 2003
  3. prox

prox

#43     Feb 24, 2003
  4. Tea

Tea

#44     Feb 24, 2003
  5. Biomech

Biomech

The Aeron is definitely the way to go for the chair. I've had one for a year that I got from a high techfirm-gone-bust for a song.

#45     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Thanks...

will enjoy reading it...

:D

#46     Feb 24, 2003
  7. Ya'll use chairs...dang, what will they think of next....I use a saddle...works great..the stirrups help me keep my balance when trying to adjust the dozen or so monitors...and I can tie myself in the saddle so I don't fall off during the afternoon dulldrums.. :D

#47     Feb 25, 2003
  8. Neil

Neil

Its a matter of great import actually ThatManFromTx!! :)

its about the need for comfort while trading.. or not in the case of the poor souls who trade from a bed of nails.. who knew there were so many! Also I wanted reassurance that I was not the only one so decadent as to trade in extreme comfort from my comfy old armchair.. I thought I may be the only one..

and anyway now I can think of you always as that texan who rides a fine saddle as he trades.. sorry I did not think to add that as a voting option.. hope you were not offended too deeply.. :D

Neil

#48     Feb 25, 2003
  9. Tea

Tea

#49     Feb 26, 2003
  10. jem

jem

While I am usually pretty skeptical about trading advice; I do not know why but for some reason that phantom thing about the rocker slider stayed with me for years. It just resonated in me. But I was too practical (stuipid) to spend the money on a good chair.

Then when I got married and my wife got pregnant she said she wanted to spend money on a good rocker with a ottoman. Man was I fired up when she came home with an "overpriced" rockerslider used by all the moms. Ever since she stopped breast feeding our second child the chair has been right here in front of my home computer with two monitors. I find myself wanting to stay and trade from home even though I have a better computer setup at work. Part of the reason I like to stay home is the rocker slider. Now if you had the ergonomics of the aeron and the rocker slider on the bottom you would have the perfect chair. My rocker slider is wood with some removable cushions. It is very good but it could be better.

#50     Feb 26, 2003