What Kinda Chair Do You Trade From - and The Importance of Good Seating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neil, Feb 23, 2003.

1. for all the info...

I have no doubt a chair can make a difference in trading... at least it does for me. Have had different chairs over the years such that I'm now superstitious. Don't like to change when on a roll (have two of the same kind now, swivel... decent ergonomic types.. reasonably comfortable). Can set either to 'rock', or upright... use one at a time. b.t.w also superstitious about shoes, jeans, even a certain "lucky" tie and suspenders from a former GF... when trading certain positions! :eek: :confused:

(think I will start a thread sometime about traders' superstitions)

But have been getting some neck strain lately. Maybe it's lousy charts :D

So gonna check out new chairs now. I like that armchair concept.

So thanks!

Good trading...

#31     Feb 24, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

#32     Feb 24, 2003
  3. I know this is some what deviating from the main topic of this thread, but I think the main focus here is comfort, which makes me think of a problem I've been having lately: HEADACHES. I really feel it's got something to do with my eyes (I wear glasses)and looking at the screens all day or the way I'm sitting in my chair and the position of my back and neck, but I just don't know what to do about it. Anyone with that problem?

#33     Feb 24, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

This is what I have. It has paid for itself many times over.

nitro

#34     Feb 24, 2003
  5. An excerpt from Trader's World:

"... you need high quality monitors. Your eyes are worth every bit of money you can afford. The monitors should also be digital, if at all possible. We have found digital monitors to be worth the extra money. The screens are sharper, clearer and less subject to eye-strain. In a store’s show room, you might not seen any difference, but in the final analysis, when you sit in front of a monitor all day long, your eyes can tell the difference. There is no instrument than can measure this either. It’s up to the individual viewer. I personally can tell the difference with just one day’s use."

I know this is off the subject of chairs, but I know eye strain can cause headaches. Let's keep our butts, backs, and eyes happy!:)

#35     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Just a tip for chair users. If you have swivel wheels on the chair at your trading desk and you have polished boards get some kind of protective cover as they chop up the boards pretty quickly.

Runningbear

#36     Feb 24, 2003
  7. What about an electric chair: each time you're RIGHT you receive an electric charge ... just to make you love your losses since this is the difficult part :D

#37     Feb 24, 2003
  8. Neil

Neil

Great answers guys and gals.. so far the swivel chair is ahead of the comfy armchair by a short nose.. but its interesting to see the bed of nails still performing well.. I sure feel like I am trading from one of them some days..

I definitely do get somewhat TOO comfortable in my armchair sometimes but I think the battle to stay awake on sloooow days is worth the ease the rest of the time and like plumlazy spilling coffee or wine on it causes no marital problems!

One day I will get a hermanmiller type chair.. at least to roll into action when family come to visit.. try and look professional.. lol

Neil

#38     Feb 24, 2003
  9. #39     Feb 24, 2003
  10. could bring renewed meaning to the term, 'execution.'

#40     Feb 24, 2003