What kind of Training did everyone do when they Started Day Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, Jun 25, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

#51     Jun 26, 2002
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Interesting that so many concentrate on "cutting losses"...which is akin to going in to play a baseball game, and saying to the team..."just be careful not to lose by too much".....

I plan on my people having more profitable trades than losses...and since it is 'just money" why can we not assume the positive, and still watch out for the negative ...if and when it happens (of course we will lose sometimes, but don't go into a trade with that as your primary plan).

To hear something like that from an old- timer just blows my mind.
    If even a newbee wouldn't understand that small losses are not the goal but basically a protection I would consider him retarded.

Don I want to ask you (you are the right person to ask), what's the main reason people bust out?? Is that because they have more losing trades than profitable ones? Or if a new guy comes in your advice would be "just make sure you have more profits than losses"? What a crap.

P.S. You either wanted to make a post or you are just playing with words. Cut losses is a cliche that's true but it's a thing to learn first.

#52     Jun 27, 2002
  3. Cesko

Cesko

Don is right. I mean you have to be able to cut losses but your main goal should be profit not how slow can you lose your account.

IMO, you are completely wrong. The posts have been written for a new guy and his first goal should be not to lose too much money when he learns that, he can start thinking about making a fortune.

Somewhere I read sometimes even If it's a cliche doesn't mean it's not true!

#53     Jun 27, 2002
  4. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

hey tharp- good posts- i always enjoy hearing stories of traders and their experiences- are you coming back to finish parts 3 and 4? well, if you feel like writing it out, i can tell ya it will be appreciated and enjoyed :cool:

#54     Jun 27, 2002
  5. Bono

Bono

rs7

Your post on page one of this thread is the best I have seen on ET ever since I registered. I was starting to wonder if there's anyone around here who really knows the keys to successful trading.

I just thought I'd let u know that I finally found one :)

#55     Jun 27, 2002
  6. Subtle but excellent feedback! Where/how would you suggest he learn such things....eg that Triquant sells similar chips to the same companies as RFMD. Most newbies likely know that RFMD is a chip stock but would not know the detailed stull like whether their chips go into networking products, etc. Do you have a favorite site or resource that a newbie could use to begin to learn the 2nd tier relationships between companies in a given sector?

#56     Jun 27, 2002
  7. rs7

rs7

Thanks for the acknowledgement....kind of you to say this.

#57     Jun 27, 2002
  8. outlaw

outlaw

anyone have an opinion on the seminars offered on day trading, soes trading, etc.? Like the Bright course, or such?

#58     Jun 27, 2002
  9. Since I don't like to "self promote" (no laughing from the crowd!!)...you may do a search on the board about our 5 day school....you'll find many posts.

Don

#59     Jun 27, 2002
  10. I read the amazon review of that photo reading book....probably not the book or work that rtharp was exposed to...but I have to post one guys review because I could swear that in another life it was me writing it. :p

I had the same luck with the speed reading course I tried.

I know it's of topic but if anyone has had anyluck with anythinglike this....post. I am forever skeptical that I am in that crowd that just reads slow. :-(

Looking forward to hearingthe erst of rtharps post though, that was a very informative post....like someone else said earlier...one of the best I have seen here.

Cheers.

From Amazon.

This is NOT a magical solution to your reading problems, May 30, 2002
    Reviewer: Ben Reinbolt (see more about me) from Sidney, OH USA
    I first discovered Photoreading in April of 2000 while desperately searching for a new way to increase my reading speed. I immediately ordered the Personal Learning Course directly from Learning Strategies. The first exercise was to Photoread a dictionary and think of the first word that comes to mind and try to locate it mentally, and then check its location in the dictionary. I failed over and over at this exercise until I finally got discouraged and moved on to something else. The next day I decided to enroll in the Photoreading seminar hoping that this was what I needed to learn the system. I left the seminar feeling even worse than I did after the dictionary exercises. At this point I had completely given up hope that the system could work for me. I was convinced that I was doing something wrong and everyone else was doing something right. After a few months time I decided to give the PLC another shot and ended up getting the exact same results as before. Since you can attend a live seminar again free of charge I decided to give the seminar another shot about a year later. I still had hope that I was going to get the system to work for me, but again I produced the same results as before, just this time I had a more positive attitude. I've been to the live seminar twice, I've started the PLC over and over again, and I can't tell you how many times I've been through the Photoreading book, or listened to the Photoreading Paraliminal tape. Maybe I'm part of that 1% of people that just don't get it.

#60     Jun 27, 2002