What kind of trader are you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by slowdown, Oct 7, 2006.

1. yeah, seems to me that swing tradin' is the where the big money can and will be mainly made by discrete traders. daytradin', especially equities is slowin' down considerably since 2002 and bots will completely take over humans in the not so long distant future.

#21     Oct 8, 2006
  2. cashmoney, i say that only anecdotally because just talking around it seems no one really swings anymore. the market is just flattish.... if markets moved 10-20% a year like they did in many of the years between late 90s and 2003 then sure. but in a market that moves a few % up and down.... swing trading is frustrating, no?

#22     Oct 8, 2006
  3. ror, there are many stocks capable of movin' 100% in matter of weeks of not days, equities are still trendin' well as ever long term imo.

#23     Oct 8, 2006
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

slowdown

Yes, basic means the "Edwards and Magee" bible of TA.

Many traders try to reinvent the wheel. ACD is someone else interpretation of simple TA and reformatted to work for Mark, etc.

To find, WHAT works for you is your own journey. Only one person can figure out the answer.

Good hunting, Thank You

#24     Oct 8, 2006
  5. Urkel

Urkel

being the bsd that i am i would be classified as a:

breakout/momentum

news

resistance/support trader

My charts have no indicators on them unless you consider MA an indicator. You have to find what works for you, for me simple works for me as far as what I'm looking at. Most of my money is made from breakout type trades, but I have learned to recognize "rangebound" days and trade accordingly. I do trade news/events the style I trade tends to be optimal for these times.

Back to rangebound, playing off of support resistance tends to be least profitable of all the times I trade. Btw I am a daytrader/scalper so I dont hold positions overnight and longest trades last an hour.

#25     Oct 8, 2006
  6. sounds about right, what I do too

#26     Oct 8, 2006
  7. So I guess most of us dabble in a lot of different styles -- I'm still relatively new and trying to find my path. tx for the input guys

#27     Oct 8, 2006
  8. grealty

grealty

hi. friends i am new to this forum and so am i in trading forex.
    I lost some 8000 usd because the company with whom i had my trading account went broke; the company was Refco fx llc.

can any of you please let me know if there are companies or market makers or banks offering online currency trading with our account money being insured??!!

If yes pls let me know and thanks awfully in advance/regards/ravi

#28     Oct 9, 2006