What kind of techniques do heavy scalpers use?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CFerret, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Please don't make this thread another trash can full of usual crap "gurus vs. guru-haters".

I started this thread with questions, Jask answers and tries to help and I absolutely don't care if he's guru or not and even less if he won or lost some tournament. What I care about is that this man is ready to help (as well as several other participants who's posts I really appreciate).

Let's discuss at least some questions constructively, without all this BS.

There are more than enough threads discussing gurus for those who want to discuss them.

Thank you for understanding.

Janis

#41     Apr 9, 2007
  2. The source of your induced pressure is your operant paradigm (the standard orthodoxy). You use OODA to overcome it. You deal in risk and probabilities.

Our approach is "no induction" by the selection of a different paradigm (pool extraction). Because we are parasitic, we "see" you and your performance of your strategies in your paradigm. So we are using MADA and that precludes dealing in risk or probabilities.

The contrast of the two constructs and settings is making you wonder (mostly about Todd now and about me from a performance questioning view for a while) while sitting in your space and beliefs. Therapists see fear, anxiety and anger in your standard orthodoxy when the valence is negative and the arousal is activated. Our three biggies are comfort, support and confidence when our valence is positive and the arousal is activated.

#42     Apr 9, 2007
  3. I apologize.

Sorry.

#43     Apr 9, 2007
  4. jem

jem

Jack

Although I wish to respond to your therapy stuff, I too will make an effort to stay on point.

If my synopsis of your trading is incorrect.

It would be easier for you to clear the matter up right here.

Do you claim to be a profitable trader over the last six months in the S&P 500.

How many contracts per month.

Average profit per contract.

#44     Apr 9, 2007
  5. This is so full of crap.

#45     Apr 9, 2007
  6. "Arousal" Jack? I see you have reached a new low. How does it feel to be sinking deeper and deeper, grasping for attention as you see the depths change color and hear the sound of the currents sucking you lower? I am keeping my I on you now!

For all you newbies Jack is trained in and deploys NLP and Ericksonian hypnosis in his communication. He does not disclose this any more than he does any actual p/l. If he did either he would be credible to some degree now.

So am I for full disclosure. Good night jack, love the kisses by the way.

#46     Apr 9, 2007
  7. Is this anything more than an appeal to the emotions? Will Jack give you "comfort, support and confidence?"

And, Jack, care to explain what a "positive valence" and "arousal" are?

#47     Apr 9, 2007
  8. Jack,

Not only are your messages ubiquitous but your sesquipedalian style leads one to believe that your methods are operant. It is clear to anyone who has traded profitably for a reasonable amount of time that you have created your own envisage.

#48     Apr 9, 2007
  9. alorainc

alorainc

Janis, I don't know if I have the answer, but I have a theory on the answer. It has to do with big money, being in a position they want to move into or out of.

If you trade the ES, and trade 1, 3, 6 contracts at a time, I'd imagine that 90% of the time you can get out with no more than a quarter point slippage. This allows the option to pick and choose when and where you get in and out, at any given price.

However, if you trade 1,000 contracts at a time, you do NOT have this luxury, because you know your buy or sell order will move the market, and possible to a point that would eliminate your profit.

So, to avoid plunging or bouncing the market several points, incurring massive slippage, and losing your shirt...

You have to WAIT until someone BIG is sitting on the bid, or ask, "signaling" that that they are willing to sell 1000, or buy 1000 contracts at a particular price. Then, you would have to start selling/buying at the price they were willing to take/give.

Here's an analogy. You are a farmer, selling grapes at an open air market. But you don't have a few grapes to sell, you have 5 truckloads of grapes. For you to sell them and still make money, you can't sell these grapes to just anyone who walks buy. You won't ever sell them fast enough to make a profit.

you will have to wait for a major supermarket to stop in and make you an offer.

Then, you either take the offer, or you wait a while longer. In the meantime, your grapes could spoil.

So, when a big bid or offer comes in, if it is reasonable, you TAKE IT.

In other words, when a big 500 contract bid shows up 3 ticks below the current price on an ACV, it is a 500 contract SELLER than is pushing the price down to meet that offer. Why? because they need to MOVE their inventory fast. Market exposure = risk.

To them, 3 ticks below current price is a hell of a lot better than rotten grapes.

Anyway, I hope this gives an idea...I would welcome comments, opinions, etc as to whether this concept is indeed true, or if it just sounds that way in my head ;)

Greg

P.S. VSTscalper knows his game well, so if he says something works, it does...Keep kicking it and taking names Bill, I'll drop you a line in the next day or so.

#49     Apr 9, 2007
  10. VSTscalper, I PM'ed you about the webinar.

#50     Apr 10, 2007