What kind of strategy do you use to trade this type of market?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Driog, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Driog

Driog

Im new to trading, read up on technical analysis a LOT over summer, and paper traded, and then decided to open an actual account to learn, thinking that whats better to learn than using real money,in the real world environment in tough times.

Anyhow, my question is what type of strategy are successful people using in this type of market?

Is your trading automated with a charting program or is it based on news or what?

So far i've been making my trades based on support and resistance levels, and whatever news will or has come out. Also i havent been picking individual stocks, mostly because i dont have margin so i cant short. Therefore i've been using etfs to make trades during the day, mostly making day trades on skf.

Thanks in advance

2. guauld

guauld

3. Driog

Driog

hmm, just read that but im not quite sure what your getting at? Im not asking where to put my money. I realize that trading takes work and time and commitment. Im not worried about if i win or lose bc im learning. Im concerned about learning from those who know what theyre doing.

With that said i just want to know if what i have been doing is a step in the right direction based upon what others are doing to successfully make money in the market. Therefore i would like to know the strategies that successful people are using

4. guauld

guauld

Please someone from SCT camp come and destroy this man's potential if any

with almighty SCT :(

5. guauld

guauld

droig
    I'll PM you with "some" info

6. Driog

Driog

Thanks cuz i dont know what sct is but im googling it right now

7. droig ... im sure all style still work they just need a bit of tweaking to match the market i have and will always use momentum why.... i dunno cause i like it.

hope that helps

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I like to use the inverted grab your ankles dip buy...:D

9. Driog

Driog

guald thanks for the info.

can you provide me with a definition on public indicators. Are they the typical stochastics, macd, rsi, money flow, stuff like that?

10. Here is a system. Watch a rally of a stock (or an index). Then look for one of the symbols in the image and take a short position. (drawing is not particularly wonderful)

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 30, 2008