What kind of percentage return do you get per day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Smart Money, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Is that on average or do you consistently double your account every week?

Either way, that is some good thing you got going there.

PA

#11     Nov 19, 2009
  2. In the real world people have a sleight aversion to blowing out.

Doubling every week is pure nonsense.

#12     Nov 19, 2009
  3. It all comes down to your money management. I make 14%-20% of my total bankroll on my wins, and 7%-11% on my losses. Doesn't take to long to double with these numbers. Sure, a few times a years I have a big drawdown, but I expect it and have the reserves to not miss a beat. Suppose you make $200K a year, and over the course of that year you deposit say 40K, where is the problem? Anyway, it works for me.

#13     Nov 19, 2009

4. the only thing achilles doubles every week is the post count on ET.

#14     Nov 19, 2009

5. now behave TraderZones is policing the internet and might intervene at any moment.

#15     Nov 19, 2009
  6. John F. Carter of __Mastering the Trade__ says 0.5% a day is a reasonable, manageable goal. I assume he is basing that value off the results of the systems he describes in that book. I'm shooting for 2%, but it's too early to tell if I'm going to be able to achieve that consistently using my current methodologies.

#16     Nov 19, 2009
  7. m22au

m22au

Just to clarify, there is a 20-fold difference in the returns you are quoting there.

For example, using a non-compounding 260 trading day year, 0.05% per day is 13% per annum.

Using the same parameters, 1.00% per day is 260% per annum.

#17     Nov 19, 2009
  8. For God's sake why 2%/day?

.5% /day consistently and you eclipse warren buffett, soros and bill gates combined.

Too much risk = dead ass broke

#18     Nov 19, 2009
  9. this year i found myself losing small 4 or 5 days , then big gain the 5th or 6th trading day. overall doing ok this year not the best though... i think its because i do a tight stop and been shorting alot... i lose most days but keep the losses small. then on the way it does pullback, i am in pretty big.

#19     Nov 19, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Lots of underachievers on the thread. Don't listen to them.

Once a trader "Gets it", it's not hard.

5%, a day is easy. At 1.5 % risk per trade, that's 4 winners and 1 loser at 1:1 risk:reward.

Not a lot of IndexPikers can trade. Hence, the nick, i guess.

Keep going man. There's some good journals. SpanishXX (name), if I'm not mistaken. Him and some contributors were pushing 5%, per day easy. Good luck.

#20     Nov 19, 2009