What kind of oscillator do you use?

Discussion in 'Options' started by esby06, May 2, 2012.

1. What's smart to you could be dumb to me. So your logic, logic_man, is flawed. Not to mention the idea that people respond only with the hope that their questions will be answered later is utter bullshit. Ask atticus. I doubt he's ever received any help from any of us newbies.

There are professionals in this options forum who don't need an answer from anyone. And yet they still post. If your logic held any water, this whole site might as well be called Quid-Pro Trader...

As for the rest simply mocking him, sarcasm or mockery is fine so long as it makes someone smile or laugh. You guys, on the other hand, have your work cut out for you. You couldn't mock a monkey FWIW.

As to the OP's question:

Read up on Sheldon Natenberg's Volatility Trading book. It's a HUGE step. No oscillators there. Just common sense.

#11     May 4, 2012
  2. Wow, are you just discovering that "smart" and "dumb" are relative to experience level? I'm so excited for you. What's next, your discovery that something I consider "beautiful" you consider "ugly"?

Yes, the options experts you cite as posting regardless of the fact that they don't necessarily need help from anyone are what are known as "exceptions to the rule". Tell me, since these options experts are so freely generous with their expertise, exactly how much money have you made directly from the tips they've given you? That's the ultimate test of how helpful someone is, no? How do you know they aren't throwing you off the actual trail with some red herring of an answer that sounds good but they know leads to nowhere? Since you are a self-proclaimed "newbie", how would you even know the difference between bullshit that sounds good and actual nuggets of trading wisdom?

If you mean to single me out as incapable of "mocking a monkey", you're barking up the wrong tree, since I didn't mock the OP at all, I merely commented on the fact that there is probably a reason why others did and it had to do with the naivete of the original question, indicating a certain level of inexperience that others are comfortable mocking because it's unlikely to ever come back to bite them.

#12     May 4, 2012
  3. I.e. he curve fit his answers, a big no-no! your creditabiilty is gone!!

#13     May 4, 2012
  4. Mysteron

Mysteron

Seems to me that the 'stupid' replies were implying something obvious.

Oscillators are a waste of time, just watch price - it is current, not lagging.

#14     May 4, 2012
  5. Wow, witty! Now how about you go ahead and exude the insanely awesome online debating skills you've amassed over the years- particularly the type that attempts to start a conversation with another lame sarcasm.

"Exceptions to the rule" ? really? I wonder what the rules are. Pray tell.

I was hinting at you when I mentioned the mocking part. It was to the rest. As for the naivety of the question, yes, precisely because buddy's naive is why he's asking a question. If he knew the answers, he wouldn't ask.

Anyone who attempts to deride someone who dares ask a question without following up with something helpful should check themselves first. Their inflated ego probably doesn't correlate well with their bank balance or their IQ.

#15     May 4, 2012

6. Hey, don't be dissin' I Love Lucy now.....
    :)

#16     May 4, 2012
  7. He might want to watch his mouth with Married With Children too:D

#17     May 4, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

[​IMG]

#18     May 4, 2012
  9. Sorry OP, I try to be constructive between my snide remarks. Ditch the indicators. If prices has moved in your favor, that is your confirmation.

#19     May 4, 2012
  10. No kidding if he knew the answer, he wouldn't ask the question. The problem is that he didn't know how to ask the question in a way that was conducive to getting a good answer. Can you see the difference?

When you said you were a "newbie", I thought you only meant at trading, not at life.

The rule, my naive internet interlocutor, is that people primarily act in their own self-interest. A subset of that rule is that people will mock those they perceive as weak for sport.

Again, I didn't mock the original question, I only pointed out why I thought others were, based on my experience.

#20     May 5, 2012