what kind of nonsense do they teach in christian schools?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 2, 2012.

1. So does Hawking, Asimov, Einstein, and just about any other great thinker. That is why it freaked you out.

#51     Jul 5, 2012
  2. #52     Jul 5, 2012
  3. I would not expect you to understand the modern science showing homosexuality is not a choice but due to the individual's biology.

I also don't expect religion to. Backwards dogma is it's way.

#53     Jul 5, 2012

4. I would not expect you to understand the modern science showing homosexuality is not a choice but is due to the individual's biology.

#54     Jul 5, 2012
  5. That's right we are all slaves to our urges and therefore have no culpability whatsoever.

I can see it, 50 yrs from now no one actually goes to jail for violent acts, biology made them do it. "they were just born that way":eek:

#55     Jul 5, 2012
  6. Born to have same sex relationships does not mean breaking any laws or violent behavior. How can you just assume same sex is wrong, when people are born that way? How can you judge God who made these people that way, if you're a God fearing person. And, if you're not, then what possible support could you have against same sex relationships?

#56     Jul 5, 2012
  7. It's simple. One can rely on modern new-fangled knowledge and that liberal sciencey stuff or the obscure myths and stories in a bronze-age book to inform yourself about the issue. Some folks choose the later.

Plus, they want to feel morally superior.

And let's admit it. Thinking about it creeps most heteros out. Some of it is gut reaction. I'm not immune to that reaction myself. That's animal instinct. But we're more than animals when we are most human. Knowledge, not animal instinct, creates humanity.

#57     Jul 5, 2012