what kind of nonsense do they teach in christian schools?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

It's sad to see Sagan in the updates, he's much more frail, and his deep voice is beginning to crack. He must have had the illness by then.

#41     Jul 3, 2012
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Since you can not cite an example of a SINGLE Christian School that teaches this stuff...... then the title should be "Look at what Bob Jones University Press is selling".

On second thought, you do not have proof that the quotes from your first post are actually from any textbook anywhere - except for the one quote from a textbook which is a partial quote (and that alters the entire meaning of the passage) from the U.S. AP History textbook used in public schools.

#42     Jul 3, 2012
  3. What is there to understand about deviant behavior? Either it is or it isn't!

Tell me which bigotry, hate and lies you talk of.

#43     Jul 4, 2012
  4. And as we all know, Sagan accepted Christ into his heart on his deathbed.

#44     Jul 4, 2012
  5. Deviants can be found everywhere. Be careful of them.

#45     Jul 4, 2012
  6. He gave us free will. To do good or to do Evil.

#46     Jul 4, 2012
  7. Classic, I love it, "modern understanding of homosexuality" whatever that is. Oh well at any rate..

Modern homosexualtiy brought us HIV/AIDS. sheesh it's funny that aids is never in the news anymore.

I see Andersen Cooper announced he suck dick the other day. Is all this necessary? maybe in todays world we can't just be men or women, you know, like identifying ourselves with our words and intellect and skiils but we as a person have to be a brand.

Hi, my names Bob and I'm a newscaster and gay and I was bullied and I'm in therapy and I'm in rehab and now I'm a liberal, with a hypenated heritage and I wrote a book. The more neurosis the better it looks on your resume.

#47     Jul 4, 2012
  8. jcl

jcl

As we all know, Christians have often a relaxed relation to truth, but please leave at least the death alone. According to his wife, Sagan faced death "with unflagging courage and never sought refuge in illusions".

#48     Jul 4, 2012
  9. I seriously remember reading somewhere where he spaced out right before he died and became a believer. I can't remember where I read it because it was such a long time ago. Maybe the wife is an atheist and has changed the story long after the fact? Heck if I know. I have some of Sagan's books. I always liked the guy. Still remember watching his series on PBS a long time ago. "Billions and Billions", ect. :)

And one thing I remember about the series on PBS is something he said. It was about his belief that humans had a high chance of blowing themselves up with nuclear bombs. Might of been a 100% chance. Can't remember. Kind of freaked me out. Because I believed him.

#49     Jul 5, 2012
  10. jcl

jcl

Don't believe anything that you read on Christian websites, especially not those "X accepted Christ on his deathbed" stories. You can find such stories about almost any dead atheist, including Darwin.

If an atheist converts to some religion, then most likely not on his deathbed. The probably only person who really converted on his deathbed was the emperor Constantine.

#50     Jul 5, 2012