what kind of nonsense do they teach in christian schools?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Catholicism is part of Christianity.. and no christian schools don't exist solely to censor what they don't believe. in fact, i was taught about evolution, and convinced that it was the most logical theory about our creation, at a catholic school lol. You are making things up.. at the schools I attended, many foreign non-christians attended as well. Guess why?

#11     Jul 2, 2012
  2. show me the biology textbook for fundamentalist christian schools that includes teaching of evolution.

http://www.bjupress.com/webapp/wcs/...d=16052&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&q=evolution

#12     Jul 2, 2012
  3. ===============
    Good points, amen;
    they stiil teach King of Egypt gets drowned in Red Sea. Israel , Christians win again:cool:

#13     Jul 2, 2012
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You better separate out "Fundamentalist Christian Schools" as being the same thing as "Christian Schools". Only a tiny fractional portion of the "Christian Schools" in the U.S. are "Fundamentalist Christian Schools" (under 0.1%).

Your attempt to paint all Christian Schools in the U.S. as extremist facilities that do not teach evolution and re-write history is absurd. By the same standard we should claim that all Muslim schools in the U.S. are extremist because there are a tiny minority that teach extremist Muslim beliefs.

#14     Jul 2, 2012
  5. There is a huge difference when it comes to the southern baptist teachings. I have no idea what they teach in their schools but I do know the devout baptist adults are bat shit crazy.

#15     Jul 2, 2012
  6. jem

jem

Oddly Nothinker's binary thinking is allowed to stand.
    He prints his small minded biggoted hatred almost everyday.

No thinker is the exact type of person he seems to despise. He just fipped from side of the fundamentalist spectrum to the other.

#16     Jul 2, 2012
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Most of the Christian schools in the U.S. South are associated with southern baptists. These schools use the same textbooks and educational material used in public schools. Many parents (even not Baptists) send their children to these Christian private schools because they vastly outperform the underfunded public schools in most Southern states - especially in rural areas. The Christian schools teach the same AP, Honors, and other courses taught in public schools with the benefit of smaller class sizes & better instruction - leading to higher graduation rates & university attendance.

I not a big fan of devout baptist adults myself with their lack of approval of alcohol, etc. ... but the schools supported by the baptists are not different than any other private K-12 school in the U.S. Trying to make the case that southern baptist Christian schools teach extreme beliefs and use non-factual textbooks is not correct.

#17     Jul 2, 2012
  8. If my memory is correct there weren't as many fundamentalist 30 years ago and they were considered nutty, even by the regular church goers. And this was in West Texas the buckle of the bible belt. Now there's a bible thumping fundamentalist every time you turn around.

#18     Jul 2, 2012
  9. Free Thinker claims to have been a catholic for 50 years. Then he said one day he read on the "internet" that God wasnt real. Imagine running a race for 50 years, and right when you are about to cross the finish line and get the winners trophy, you stop and start running the other way and trying to get everyone else to go the other way with you.

#19     Jul 2, 2012
  10. you arent too bright are you? i have never once said i was catholic. only been in the catholic church a few times in my life and that was only for funerals.

#20     Jul 2, 2012