what kind of monthly returns are good fx

Discussion in 'Forex' started by chipmunk, Jan 26, 2013.

1. doesn't sound like you're giving your account much room for error by swinging 4 contracts with just $660 in equity

or did I get something mixed up?

#11     Jan 26, 2013
  2. depends on how old you are

like that kid over in London

he made enough to run up a 100k bar tab one night

if you put it all on and guess right the returns could be quite staggering

if you are old and conservative and you guess right 4 months in a row, you'd be up about 40% (and if you guessed wrong, you wouldn't be down that much.)

thing is, you can make 10% in just one day, but everyday is a different matter (especially if you lose 10% in a day.)

most of the money is made in just a few minutes or a few hours. But days can go by where even if you were God and knew what was going to happen you couldn't make much.

#12     Jan 26, 2013
  3. PaulVl

PaulVl

Who is your broker?

#13     Jan 27, 2013
  4. PaulVl: http://www.ampfutures.com/

"PorkBellies ! " - Louis Winthorpe III aka Dan Aykroyd in 'Trading Places'

you didn't get anything mixed up PorkBellies

from the pov of trading theory, some might think $3,300 is the minimum account
    size in order to trade a $330 contract irrespective of the day trading margin, or that
    a margin of $1,000 per contract is required when day trading a $100 contract

then there's what fear-financial risk do you want to accept, are you comfortable with ?'

and the trading method, how reliable is it ? how reliable is the trader trading it ?

I'd been trading the 6E and you'll appreciate a 50 pip loss in that would have been
    $625 . psychologically, dropping down from the 6E to the M6E has an f-f risk that's
    10 times lower

on the f-f risk scale of 0 to 10 , I'm quite comfortable trading the M6E at the 4 level -
    4 contracts, but given the low margin in my 6E account, my un-comfort level is 10
    increasing the 6E account margin to $3300 wouldn't help at this point as I think I've
    become gun-shy of it - too many losing trades
    the M6E seems like it's different than the 6E, a new instrument to trade

my discretionary analysis based trading method is very accurate, but I've not traded
    it enough, this because of the high 6E f-f level - afraid to take trades
    so rather than DDW trade the M6E, I've started day trading it and will see how good
    my trading method and me really are

on the loss side, I'm prepared to take 5 to 10 pips plus the commissions

then the last component becomes confidence
    if all the other components are meeting their required criteria and profits are being
    made, then trading confidence is generated which in turn enhances trading results
    and knowing how much 'swing error' to allow for

but point taken PorkBellies, and the added bonus with the M6E is I can always drop
    down to trading 1 contract

#14     Jan 27, 2013
  5. LOL

Just to be CLEAR...I was taking the p888! LOL I didn't actually think anyone would think otherwise..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please tell me your joking

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15     Jan 27, 2013
  6. Guess what?
    You could be down 15% next as well then.

Far too high risk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I'm up about 15% on an M6E account I just started trading this week

#16     Jan 27, 2013
  7. oh and my question was more to do with large accounts >$500,000 not $500 gambling accounts.

Thx

#17     Jan 27, 2013
  8. Eyez

Eyez

Go buy the robot for $50 and run it with $500k+ , best way to find out is to actually try.

#18     Jan 27, 2013
  9. +1 for this protip.

#19     Jan 27, 2013
  10. why on earth would I waste $50 and some time?

Did you even read?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go buy the robot for $50 and run it with $500k+ , best way to find out is to actually try.

#20     Jan 28, 2013