what kind of life would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trend2009, May 26, 2011.

1. How?

#51     May 27, 2011
  2. According to Dalmation, because you wouldn't automatically be famous. You see, people you don't even know must be talking about you for your life to have any meaning. Consult Dalmation for further details. And be sure to mention Dalmation to your friends. It gives his life meaning.

#52     May 27, 2011
  3. Well..I do not know ...The other fellah's here have some pretty good points too!.

But...

as I reflect for myself, I am always climbing...remove that challenge then what would I do?

It would be fun to be a celebrity ☺

Interesting thread.

ES

#53     May 27, 2011
  4. olias

olias

Is that Buddha? I haven't studied but my beliefs are basically the same

#54     May 27, 2011
  5. gnode

gnode

Yeah lots of people misinterpret it (or it is taught incorrectly in school).

School teaches you buddhists believe in "reincarnation" that "when you die, you come back as someone/something else"

But its really not linear like that. It is more about "you are the universe". You are all things. In this instance, you just happen to be experiencing the universe in your current sack of flesh.

Check out Alan Watts on youtube. It may do you well.

I also suspected this kind of stuff long before I learned what Zen etc is really about. You will probably have a lot of "ah ha! I always thought that!" moments listening to him.

#55     May 27, 2011
  6. Human nature is a learned behavior.
    We learn to be honest, morally strong, hardworking, a good steward to our children, a good friend and to cherish each day just as we can learn to be greedy, dishonest, morally absent, an absent parent and constantly covet what we do not already possess.

My choice is not wanting financially and anonymity with a bunch of close friends sprinkled in to hang around with.

I have arrived.

:cool:

#56     May 27, 2011
  7. :D

#57     May 27, 2011
  8. So when Adam and Eve sinned...Who taught them?

ES

#58     May 27, 2011
  9. olias

olias

wow, it was the whole reincarnation thing that stopped me from delving into Buddhism. My brain could never accept the idea that I could live as some other type of creature.

I suspect that I would agree with Buddha on a lot of things, but I like to find my own answers now.

#59     May 27, 2011
  10. I want to be an anonymous celebrity...hehe

WhoTheHeckIsElectricSavant

#60     May 27, 2011