what kind of life would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trend2009, May 26, 2011.

1. Fireplace: your post says it all and it's exactly why you will never be among the truly wealthy. Actually earning it -- that's the problem. Do you think facebook guy or the scores of net billionaires actually earn the money? You think like the average Joe.

#41     May 27, 2011
  2. So money magically appears in their bank accounts? Please, sign me up for that! LOL

PS I thought marketsurfer didn't "attack" people? Guess he does under aliases....got a nice little scam going there :)

#42     May 27, 2011
  3. rew

rew

You must be very shallow if you think you need celebrity to be happy.

If I made a lot of money I can't think of any positive benefits whatsoever from letting the whole world know about it. If you like to attract grifters, moochers, and envy from strangers you'll love publicity.

#43     May 27, 2011
  4. Happiness comes from within. If you are unhappy poor you will be unhappy rich

Boredom and happiness are 2 different thing completely. You can be bored but happy. And not bored yet unhappy.

#44     May 27, 2011
  5. But isn't it human nature not to be content?

ES

#45     May 27, 2011
  6. gnode

gnode

It is the nature of one's ego to not be content.

Your higher self is where content comes from.

Understanding that you will die. That there is no life after death. That you are simply part of the universe - the universe's self awareness. That you are the universe and that the universe will always exist. That you are all people/things at once.

That is where lasting content comes from.

Loving all the budha talk here.

It is also how you can stare at losses and not feel bad. Just going with the flow and recognizing that what will happen will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwHI-CJWsFk

Watch that every day before trading. I usually listen to this kind of stuff while drinking scotch from 8 PM to 3 AM contemplating my next day/week/month's trades.

#46     May 27, 2011
  7. rew

rew

I earn a middle class income and have moderate but not huge savings. I'm not bored now. Why would I suddenly become bored if I was rich?

#47     May 27, 2011
  8. You are off topic Surf, the OP gave two choices (rich and anonymous or rich and celebrity) and so that's what my answer was based off of. I stayed on topic and got attacked....weird.

#48     May 27, 2011
  9. Excellent point ES. You are insightful.

#49     May 27, 2011
  10. ammo

ammo

thats not carved in stone like being right or left handed ,its a choice you make,depends if you are in control of your concience or your unconcious is in control of you

#50     May 27, 2011