what kind of life would you prefer?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trend2009, May 26, 2011.

1. Good one!

It's primarily a cop out-- most couldn't handle being wealthy or well known. Not to mention both. Unfortunately the saying is correct that most struggle in quiet desperation.

While the tiny minority build their empires of influence and wealth

#31     May 27, 2011
  2. ammo

ammo

took one of those job equivalency tests when i was 15,one of the questions was... if you were in a band ,would you rather be the lead singer or the drummer,basically out in front or in the shadows,thats a personality type that probably has little to do with the money,..here's a question...has the money changed you... after you lost ir....after you made it...

#32     May 27, 2011
  3. Dalmation, so life is meaningless and boring unless people whom you don't know are talking about you? And please answer the question:

#33     May 27, 2011
  4. What does 'handle being wealthy' mean??

I understand not being able to handle celebrity, but would like some clarification on the other.

#34     May 27, 2011
  5. I prefer to drive Honda,like Buffet:D

#35     May 27, 2011
  6. luxor

luxor

"I desire to live in peace and to continue the life I have begin under the motto 'to live well, you must live unseen.'"

Descartes

#36     May 27, 2011
  7. If you ever had real money or cooperated with those who do, particullarly fast or generational wealth, you would understand-- a pedestrian example:

Take a look at the lives of lottery winners. Imagine that multiplied---

Understand, friend?

#37     May 27, 2011
  8. You are taking the perspective of any joe shmoe, I'm looking at it as actually EARNING the 100 million/yr which one would assume would be done by someone with brains and discipline. The OP didn't mention randomly coming into money, but actually earning it. I'm just staying on topic.

I agree, lottery winners on average can't handle being rich.

#38     May 27, 2011
  9. gnode

gnode

Well put

#39     May 27, 2011
  10. ammo

ammo

lets keep the banter down,fp i imagine if you were earning 100 mil,you would be an 80 hr a week guy and unless you did it as tiger or letterman or some other televised profession,no one would ever see you

#40     May 27, 2011