What kind of Edge you have?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by carrer, Aug 7, 2015.

What kind of Edge you have?

1. Complex algorithm (possibly a combination)

19.4%
  2. Candle by candle statistics

1.5%
  3. Price actions

55.2%
  4. Patterns

34.3%
  5. Mathematical equations

16.4%
  6. Statistics based on indicators

20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jones75

Jones75

buy low … sell high

#11     Aug 7, 2015
  2. mm2mm

mm2mm

My edge is based on PA. Sort of very very manual and handy work. Trading commodities and ES
    I find ta and fa useless

#12     Aug 7, 2015
    wartrace likes this.
  3. Speculate

Speculate

Three of your'edges' are in fact the same thing. Candles, patterns, and price action.

If it helps, I'd also add that they are not really edges either. They are (presumably) ways to identify a potential trade entry. Thats all.

Despite what people will tell you, TA can not provide any edge on its own. But I'm not going down that particular rat hole. Lets just say nothing in TA can 'predict' or see in to the future with any degree of certainty over time. If you believe otherwise, you probably also believe in pixies and ghosts. Lets just leave it at that.

Trade management is where most will find an edge in my humble opinion, given micro-wave and co-lo are beyond the reach of most here I presume.

#13     Aug 7, 2015
  4. Visaria

Visaria

i have various little ideas on markets and trading....does that qualify as an edge?

#14     Aug 7, 2015
  5. Balls of steel and massive staying power

#15     Aug 7, 2015
  6. londonkid

londonkid

My edge is based on how the 95%+ get butt raped (without lube) on a daily basis.

#16     Aug 7, 2015
  7. Autodidact

Autodidact

Because I owe you no favors

On the other hand vendors love to share theirs!

#17     Aug 7, 2015
  8. carrer

carrer

I have been reading your posts for quite some time now. I saw your journal was in the hall of fame, i will read through them hoping to get some ideas on how you trade.

#18     Aug 7, 2015
  9. carrer

carrer

Serious answers please.

#19     Aug 7, 2015
  10. i960

i960

That actually is a serious answer. The market, in it's current state, doesn't just exist to support transactions - it's also there to punish the majority or the gullible.

#20     Aug 8, 2015