what kind of computer for trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laeott, Apr 26, 2007.

1. fildi101

fildi101

why not just use your PC mouse? it'll work just fine. right click menus, scrolling, the lot.

or didn't you know that?

#31     Apr 29, 2007
  2. notouch

notouch

None of the above. I have Windows auto updates on and Kaspersky Internet Security and Diskeeper running in the background. No viruses, no crashes and hardly any maintenance time.

#32     Apr 29, 2007
  3. fildi101

fildi101

Then you are indeed a rare exception to the rule... and presumably not running Vista, right?

#33     Apr 29, 2007
  4. notouch

notouch

Running Windows XP Professional - a very stable OS. I don't think I'm a rare exception at all, most people have auto updates on and have an antivirus running in the background. User stupidity is the reason why most viruses spread.

#34     Apr 29, 2007
  5. fildi101

fildi101

User stupidity? or user "non expertise"? be honest now. You mention two third party apps which you use to keep your computer secure, which the average guy in the street has never heard of. That's two more than the mac needs, and two more programs to run in the back ground and slow down system performance.

Like I say, I've used PC for 20 years. I know how to maintain them. You obviously know how to maintain them, but you know, most people just want to switch the thing on an use it, without worrying about keeping the whole thing running smoothly.

#35     Apr 29, 2007
  6. Not recommended. Never use a public computer where your data security may be compromised. You never know what spyware is planted in those PCs by hackers.

#36     Apr 29, 2007
  7. fildi101

fildi101

^^^^ very wise advice!!

#37     Apr 29, 2007
  8. This is funny. So using a PC will make you a better trader????

Cuz I do just fine with my mac.

Of course it isnt the computer... It's my brain. I could do well with a Linux Machine.

Back in '00 it wasnt my computer that made me a sucky trader.. Again it was my mind...

#38     Apr 29, 2007
  9. To me a PC is just a tool for trading. Bad craftsman blames his tools? :D

#39     Apr 29, 2007
  10. Just like in my night Job a Crappy Mix Engineer Blames his Mixing Desk..

Bet line I ever heard... Gimme a Mackie 8 Buss and I'll still mix a Platinum Record....

#40     Apr 29, 2007