What kept(keeps) you going through the long journey trying to make it trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by orbit23, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Hello, what do you trade and why?

#41     Nov 18, 2019
  2. silversniper

silversniper Guest

I trade Eurex products cos of the timezone I'm in (GMT). I also trade the first hour of ES rth towards the end of my day. I'm an intraday futures trader.

#42     Nov 19, 2019
  3. Andrew_87

Andrew_87

For me, it was only the passion I had for trading, that kept me going. I never felt discouraged because of losses, never thought of quitting, which is when I realized that I have gathered the confidence required to trade efficiently.

#43     Nov 19, 2019
  4. zdave83

zdave83

Agreed its likely there will be some leapfrogging during the early stages of the technology maturing. But at some point with 100's or 1000's of well-funded, individually tuned, platforms competing against each other, it will be hard for any single one to dominate as their 'edges' are discovered and absorbed.

#44     Nov 19, 2019
  5. Oh ok, thnx
    But what gives you an idea to buy or sell is what I meant? Thnx

#45     Nov 19, 2019
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you've ever owned a business or currently own a business and if you've ever been in a leadership position that's different from owning a business...

You'll easily be able to answer your own questions along with having a good plan prior to entry into trading.

wrbtrader

#46     Nov 19, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

hm that sounds like what google calls 'singularity'... at that point edge erosion may not be the thing I'd worry about lol... by then the machines may have figured out that humans add no value... we are all just dead weight..

#47     Nov 19, 2019
  8. zdave83

zdave83

If my laptop is any indication ... we may already be there :)

#48     Nov 19, 2019
  9. orbit23

orbit23

Kinda the same for me. "What the F# have i gotten myself into", "this is not what i signed up for", strong doubts of whether i can do it or not, all of those questions often crossed my mind. But i never thought of quitting :finger:

All the algo talks, singularity and what not.. I think this is POINTLESS. I think it's the opposite. This bull run is a huge draw on liquidity and a lot of dumb, naive f#cks(like we once were/still are) are joining in to get rich. Who wouldn't want to make a few trades and lay on the beach? Trading IS the perfect ponzi. As more regular people without any knowledge trade the markets, it gets easier for the more experienced ones as competition is weak. Etoro and robinhood are doing a great job of onboarding regular folks into this big scam.

#49     Nov 19, 2019
    Andrew_87 and themickey like this.
  10. Devtr345

Devtr345

Yes, ml is perfect for a boxed problem where there are static rules.. Like a game or something.. But in a dynamic playground, where one year the market goes up on high inflation exp and the other years it goes down on inflating exp... For people that is easy stuff to understand... Computers not so much... My 2ct..

#50     Dec 7, 2019