What kept(keeps) you going through the long journey trying to make it trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by orbit23, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Leopard9

Leopard9

Knowing I can do it pure and simple. 18 months in and I keep pressing. Skills are there. The only thing holding me back from huge gains is my mind sabotaging my trading and the frustration afterwards. Working on that and getting better everyday. Once the blockage is removed everything will change.

- mindfulness: accepting emotions instead of fighting them. Knowing what the mind says is not always true. No cutting trades short, adequate stops there to be respected. No mind projections of what market is going to do. Letting it play out. Edge will cut trough the noise. Breathing exercises and meditation.

- Will start neural feedback exercises to even out brain function. Fight or flight response atenuation, cortex focus enhancing. This could be the breaktrough. I will be profitable before 4 years.

#31     Nov 16, 2019
    Freebeejay likes this.
  2. TommyR

TommyR

he's taking the P

#32     Nov 16, 2019
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Be nice to us retails.

I beg to disagree. It is not bs for me, an amateur retail who quit his day job years ago and trade full time since 2010.

#33     Nov 16, 2019
    BlueWaterSailor and jsmacksem like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

So as you felt the need to type in another thread, I am "a terrible trader..."

So you obviously do not trade, because you believe only in the buy 'n hold QQQ.

So why do you stick to the long QQQ? Isn't that a fool's errand also?

This is, after all, the trading section. Yer all over the place dozu. Find some focus man!

#34     Nov 16, 2019
  5. zdave83

zdave83

Wrote this in another thread ... sorry for the cross-post ... but it seems relevant here.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    #35     Nov 17, 2019
  6. orbit23

orbit23

Go on. Tell us more.

#36     Nov 17, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

The current AIs suck because google deepmind hasn’t got to it yet. It’s like their alphago. Before which there were hundreds of programs all suck so bad they can’t even beat amateurs. Then deepmind came along and alphago now dominates pro champs.

#37     Nov 17, 2019
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Just lucky I started trading full time in 2010.

Seriously, I am not trying to bs you, like @dozu888 said, in a bull market, to make money, you just have to bet with the market, no skills needed. If you don't believe me, do this simple backtest: starting from 2009, use @dozu888's example, buy/swing QQQ on margin (or long call/short put) and see what your return will be.

Some like @dozu888 are skilled and have their pro boys guiding them, I had no clue, just decided to bet that the bull market after 2009 would be huge.

#38     Nov 17, 2019
    orbit23, dozu888 and zdave83 like this.
  9. zdave83

zdave83

How well does any one deepmind do when competing against 100+ or 1000+ deepminds competing against each other? That's the future. Whatever edge ... diluted ... or negated.

#39     Nov 17, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

valid point... although they still won't be equal strength... like after alphago many other companies came up with similar robots to play chess/go, but there is still only 1 winner if you pit them against each other.

#40     Nov 17, 2019