What just happened....Speaks for Itself...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by limitdown, Nov 5, 2010.

1. (email comments "It Speaks For Itself", from Dr. Cordell O'Connor)

Subject: speaks for itself...

Now , after reading this, you will understand what extreme right-wing parties ( i.e. Tea Party (GOP)) are up to . Such as my previous e-mail re; "what the real question should be..."

After The 8 Years Of The Bush/Cheney Disaster, Now You Get Mad?

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate Energy policy and push us to invade Iraq.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 800 billion (and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when Bush borrowed more money from foreign sources than the previous 42 Presidents combined.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars in cash just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when Bush embraced trade and outsourcing policies that shipped 6 million American jobs out of the country.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden. You didn't get mad when Bush rang up 10 trillion dollars in combined budget and current account deficits.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city... New Orleans... drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave people who had more money than they could spend, the filthy rich, over a trillion dollars in tax breaks.

You didn't get mad with the worst 8 years of job creations in several decades.

You didn't get mad when over 200,000 US Citizens lost their lives because they had no health insurance.

You didn't get mad when lack of oversight and regulations from the Bush Administration caused US Citizens to lose 12 trillion dollars in investments, retirement, and home values.

Hmmm....You finally got mad when a black man was elected President and decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.

Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, job losses by the millions, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, and the worst economic disaster since 1929 are all okay with you, but helping fellow Americans who are sick...

Oh, Hell No!!

2. JamesL

JamesL

3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Mods, please:

Move this to "Politics/Religion/Wasteland Idiocy" or wherever. I've seen much more economically-relevant posts than this moved out of the Econ folder before...

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I get mad over both Dumbocrats and Repubs.

I do NOT get mad over Constitutionalists, and what our Founding Fathers MEANT for this Country. Oops, I'm sorry, THEIR Country! THEY founded it, wanted it a certain way, and now it's no where near what they wanted, nor intended... Sad

Why the Economics section, btw?

5. its not about the right to see a doctor if you are sick...its about who is going to pay for it. If you want to twist what healthcare actually is, then lets do it for something else and see how logical it sounds...

All americans deserve to have a place to live, so houses should be free for anyone making under 50k per year. Not only that, but the houses should be of the same standard that people making $250k+ per year live in.

Any american (or illegal)can walk into a hospital and get treatment. They dont because their money is more important to them then their health. So if the sick do not think that its worth thier own money for their health, why should we think its worth our money?

6. Its in Economics, because this Doctor was discussing the financial and economic condition of the US.

I am not so eloquent as he was.

I re-read his email, and noticed these areas:

... jobs lost and the count
    ... outsourcing issues
    ... trillions of dollars in tax cuts
    ... etc.....

hmmm, that's not political

we lived those conditions and still are.... dealing with them

I think political would be expressing an opinion about his statements or recount of events that have happened

7. by misdirection, outright lying and obfuscation

the discussions have been changed from addressing how things failed to

hurry up and fix it or else, hell hath no furry like the mid-term elections....

repair to this economy requires identifying what broke and where and gap analysis of where we as a country would like to be (more competitive with China and the others) and what it will take to get from where we are at, to where we need to be

that in essence is the economic strategy objective

one important discussion will be on having good corporate citizens

... using their trillion dollar surplus to contribute to reducing unemployment

... paying their fair share of taxes and even helping to reduce the overall US deficit instead of just taking all that they can with no regard to the populace

9. it hasn't taken long for the articles to start rolling in....

discussions regarding reducing Volker rules on regulation of the banking sector with specific respect to handling hedge and proprietary services...

discussions from China regarding the monetization of the US debt through devaluation of the US dollar, while they continue to devalue their currency....

these are some huge issues...

10. Great post

#10     Nov 6, 2010