What I've found useful (or not)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hoo_doo_one, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Thanks Michael!

I was hoping that some of what I found would be helpful to people.

-Hoo_doo

#31     Jun 3, 2006
  2. Just read The Logical Trader.

It's the only "system" that works.

#32     Jun 3, 2006
  3. Thanks Fadertrader. I'll definitely check out the book.

Although, I would beg to differ that it's the only system that works. It's might be the only one for sale though :cool:

-Hoo_doo

#33     Jun 3, 2006
  4. It's not so much a system as a general strategy. I was being fecitious. No systems work.

#34     Jun 3, 2006
  5. Ah, got it. I'm a network engineer by trade and I'm studying for an exam right now. My sense of humor is a little under the weather today :(

-Hoo_doo

#35     Jun 3, 2006
  6. cnms2

cnms2

Doesn't Hoodoo work for trading?
    • "Hoodoo is an American term, originating in the 19th century or earlier, for African-American folk magic. Here is how i define the word "hoodoo":

Hoodoo consists of a large body of African folkloric practices and beliefs with a considerable admixture of American Indian botanical knowledge and European folklore. Although most of its adherents are black, contrary to popular opinion, it has always been practiced by both whites and blacks in America. Other regionally popular names for hoodoo in the black community include "conjuration," "conjure," "witchcraft," "rootwork," and "tricking." The first three are simply English words; the fourth is a recognition of the pre-eminence that dried roots play in the making of charms and the casting of spells, and the fifth is a special meaning for a common English word. ..."

#36     Jun 3, 2006
  7. Only as a last resort:cool:

#37     Jun 3, 2006
  8. "MIGHT" be! :confused:

#38     Jun 4, 2006
  9. I guess a trend following system is designed to make money during a trend market.

You may have a holy grail system if that also makes money in a range market.

Just 2 cents.

#39     Jun 4, 2006