What It Takes To Get A Cop Fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 14, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

A Miami police officer who made headlines after he was pulled over on the Florida Turnpike by a Florida Highway Patrol officer for speeding has been fired.

Fausto Lopez was fired by Miami Police on Thursday. This comes more than a month after an internal investigation into the matter determined that he should be terminated.

The internal probe found that Officer Lopez showed a “practice and pattern” of reckless speeding. Lopez routinely clocked speeds of more than 100 miles per hour while off duty between September and November 2011, according to the report.

Officially, Lopez has been clocked going more than 90 miles per hour more than 80 times.

Lopez was clocked by state trooper Donna Jane Watts doing 120 mph on October 11, 2011.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/09/14/miami-police-fire-cop-pulled-over-for-speeding-by-fhp/

2. Over 90 mph, 80 times? You have to be kidding. How in the hell did this go on so long? This is nuts.

3. 79 times, I can understand...but 80? Come on!

4. With a name like "Lopez", maybe he also didn't have insurance. :eek: :p :D :cool:

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol

6. pspr

pspr

Safeco man Safeco - The Illegal Alien Insurance Company.

7. hughb

hughb

Did you guys see the video of the state trooper that arrested this guy? She reamed him a new one. She even said that as far as she was concerned, he was nothing but a criminal and snapped handcuffs on him.

8. pspr

pspr

The Miami Police Union wanted her fired for arresting their 'officer.'

9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Is Miami even in the US?:confused:

And now living here in FL, I may be a former police officer many moons ago, but am buying a Valentine one radar detector. And I rarely even speed! Wow! Police cruisers everywhere down here!

10. pspr

pspr

You must be on the I-95 corridor. It's drug smuggling haven. Mules run up and down I-95. I don't know why they don't take the turnpike and avoid the cops. Maybe they don't have a few bucks for the tolls. :)

#10     Sep 16, 2012