What is YOUR "trading resolution" for 2009?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by slapshot, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Happy New Year to all!

My new year's resolution for 2009 is to work on discipline, specifically waiting a little longer for the first trade.

What is YOUR resolution for this year?

2. My 2009 resolution is to slap anyone making resolutions! =)

3. I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.

4. good question...

LIMIT and Accept my losses
    Be patient in my entry
    Take my profits before I think they've peaked

5. Redneck

Redneck

I actually made this resolution back on September 19

On Thursday September 18 - I went long SKF, (it was dropping radidly but figured since financials were in such a downward spiral, it was just some sell off occurring), and held the position overnight - as per the plan

That night the Government banned short selling financials (along with some others)

I lost $13,287.78 before the market opened the next day (Friday September 19)

My resolution is - I will never again hold an overnight position in my day trading account for as long as I live

I take full accountability and responsibility for this loss...

It was just a mine field I had not accounted for

Take Care

6. DITTO what "FeenixRizin" says!!
    Except my personal choice is to take my profit... "after" I think they've peaked...
    However.... I, need to work on that... "realizing it's the 'PEAK' thingy".... and not holding it too long!

Isn't that kinda the same thing... or not?
    it's confusing.

Good luck to ya,
    TTYL, JMB.

OUCH... I know that's painful medicine... but, we all need to experience one of those eventually.... But, OUCH though!!

I will add this though.... I can say that my own personal... over-night OUCH's, have pretty much equaled my over-night YA BABY's!! For what-ever it's worth....

Good luck all.... Happy New Year!!

7. Redneck

Redneck

TraderJMB

Thank You Sir

You know the saying - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Happy New Year Sir

8. To never get a ride to go anywhere from this guy.

<object width='640' height='480'><param name='movie' value='http://images.grindtv.com/1.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=33714&sct=moto'></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><embed src='http://images.grindtv.com/1.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&si=1&i=33714&sct=moto' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='640' height='480'></embed></object>