What is your "TRADING HOLY GRAIL"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bighog, Jan 7, 2006.

1. I think you've made a very good point indeed, thanks Jack. :)

#51     Jan 8, 2006
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

As "Grob109" states about removing money (profits) out of the trading account.

I do the same thing at certain level of profits. Some persons can trade big numbers just as profitable as when their account was smaller with no problem. Whenever i ran the acct up past a double, i would start to get sloppy and mess up. This was a signal to the noogan that something needed to be changed. I decided that this was another step in "knowing yourself".

Maybe i was not meant to make a lot of money at once....HA I remember a trader at the CBOT said to me: Some people get to a certain level and have a inherent habit in blowing themselves up, some people were not wired to do bigger numbers. Sounds goofy, but i get to 50k and screwed up a number of times. Then reconditioned myself and the account.....helped a lot.. Thanks for the post, it refreshes me also......

#52     Jan 8, 2006
  3. buzz

buzz

Don't seek the Holy Grail: There's no secret trading formula other than solid risk management, so stop looking for it.

buzz

#53     Jan 8, 2006
  4. balls with good timing

#54     Jan 8, 2006
  5. It is system that never fails........isn't it? works same any market doesn't it? any time frame? find that and u have it?

#55     Jan 8, 2006
  6. cnms2

cnms2

buzz,

I subscribe to your opinion. There are several quite different methods of extracting money from the markets, but all should have the same denominator: good money management:
    • saves your skin when you're a market newbie
    • keeps you in the market long enough to find your edge and brush it up
    • allows you to extract the maximum amount of money from the market once you have a profitable system
    • protects your gold nest from black swans and system degradation

#56     Jan 8, 2006
  7. What is your "TRADING HOLY GRAIL"?

Most don't know.

Know don't tell. :D

#57     Jan 9, 2006
  8. fade the mob who is more often than not dead wrong.

#58     Jan 9, 2006
  9. buzz

buzz

Fade yourself: The best opportunities trigger in the opposite direction you want to trade. Think contrary and make money

#59     Jan 9, 2006
  10. Here is my Trading Holy Grail:

In trading, all things can go wrong - the buyers, the sellers, the analysts, the advisors, the corporations, the regulators, the brokers, the hardware, the software, the prices, my decisions, and finally the markets. :D

#60     Jan 22, 2006