what is your top-ten stocks-list ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by PHISEL, Sep 13, 2002.

1. PHISEL

PHISEL

dddooo

that depend of your trading methodology.
    with a mecanical trading sysytem based on TS6, you can automatize the whole process of trading;
    ten stocks in a screen is not very hard to look-at.
    with ten stocks, the goal is "not putting all your eggs in the same basket" .. it is a basic investissement rule , no ?

#21     Sep 15, 2002
  2. lindq

lindq

dddooo, that's why God, or Bill Gates, invented computers. So you don't have sit and watch your candidates. There are a number of systems that will track your setups and signal when met. Personally, I use RT Investor for backtesting, tracking and trading signals. I can set triggers for any technical parameters in any time frame, and will receive an audio altert as well as an automatic chart display. If you are trading full time and real time, you will benefit from system tracking software.

#22     Sep 15, 2002
  3. I've been a short term trader mostly trading a short term basket of semi and biotech stocks. I usually trade between 10-13 stocks in the basket. My activity entails either shorting or going long the basket close to the open and/or very close to the close. All positions are flattened out at the end of the day.

My question is, does anybody trade a similar style? Anybody have any success with their basket? What do you look for before you put them on? Who do you route your orders to? Do you buy/short or cover positions with market orders? Lastly, does anyobdy use bullets with their short entries on the baskets? If so, what's a reasonable price to pay for bullets?

Thanks in advance.

#23     Apr 30, 2003