What is your single biggest fear in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. It is death, but not per se.

It would be the leading up to
    it. Pain and who knows what
    indigity suffered at hands of
    Medical establishment.

I..Do.. think of Livermore option.

** Plus dieing BROKE. More Pain.

#21     Feb 3, 2006
  2. Ultimately, life is just another choice.

Many people ask themselves "What is the purpose?"

If your answer is "to exist", then everything else is gravy.

#22     Feb 3, 2006
  3. to die like both my father and father in law did. they both smoked and died from lung cancer. it was a slow, horrible, painful way to go. i dont cut people much slack when i see them smoking around me.
    anybody who is reading this and smokes think about it.

#23     Feb 3, 2006
  4. The best thread yet I read. It is very refreshing to see people expressing themselves and , so far, no aggressive answers.

#24     Feb 3, 2006
  5. tireg

tireg

1. Presently, what is your single biggest fear in life? It need not be limited to the trading arena.
    Fear of failure. Working all my life toward my dream and being unable to achieve it.

. How, and to what extent, do you think this fear has either helped or hindered you?
    It's helped and hindered: Helped b/c it drove me to start assessing how I manage my time and as a result start my studies in trading/investing area, as well as persue internships and overall go to further my career. Hindered b/c I feel that I need to get this over fear in order to succeed.

3. If you have found that, on balance, your fear has hindered you, what steps do you think you would need to take in order to overcome that fear?
    Well after doing some reading and talking to some people I found that it's almost an irrational fear, as it can be seen that there's no such thing as failure, only feedback. Basically if it doesn't work out at first, find out why and try again. Failure is only the result of a refusal to try again.

#25     Feb 3, 2006
  6. FEAR

False
    Estimate of
    Actual
    Reality

Runningbear

#26     Feb 3, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

sudden cardiac arrest(not blockage) or burst aneurysm---so unfair

#27     Feb 3, 2006
  8. dying

relying on others for a paycheck

looking old

cancer

#28     Feb 4, 2006
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

I have taken the right steps, but as someone who is professionaly trained I know that signifcant life events can easily impact one for a long time. I have seen it many times over with even the strongest people.

#29     Feb 4, 2006
  10. Hey, am I reading this correct?

You already lost your wife due to a car accident? or your fear would be losing your wife?

If you lost your wife.. I am really sorry, and I hope you get over her eventually. If I ever lose my wife, I really don't know how I would handle it.

#30     Feb 4, 2006