What is your single biggest fear in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. a very wise (and professionally trained person) once told me that every fear boils down to the fear of death. if you release that, there are no fears.

#11     Feb 3, 2006
  2. ig0r

ig0r

I'd actually lean towards agreeing. I've been trying to think of what I fear the most for the past 10 minutes and I really can't think of much; I basically have no fear of death, at all.

Today I walked out from behind a parked car and the instant I came out a car came within about a centimeter of me going like 50, it was so close i basically got sucked towards it, I just laughed it off haha.

#12     Feb 3, 2006
  3. Were you still laughing when you checked your boxers a few seconds later?

:D

#13     Feb 3, 2006
  4. ig0r

ig0r

haha. At first I was like, whoa, that was kind of cool. While walking across the street I kind of realized I would've gotten pretty fucked up if that car hit me, and I just thought it was funny. I've never pissed my pants from fear, and I've been skydiving, big rollercoasters, even as a little kid playing paintball (which can be kind of scary in big woodland fields), only from laughing.

#14     Feb 3, 2006
  5. dac8555

dac8555

intersting thread!!!!

My biggest fear is not being remembered.

I dont really care about when i die really...have had a self induced few near death experiences.

I try to live an extraordinary life. Living and visiting different places, meeting all kinds of people, taking wild adventures, and learning all sorts of obscure things.

#15     Feb 3, 2006
  6. The only thing that fears me is MY AGE, how many years
    left for me to live?

#16     Feb 3, 2006
  7. gordo

gordo

1. Failure, not having accomplished anything worthwhile. Not having left a contribution. Not having lived the life less ordinary.

2. Believe in self, learn to trust self/others, and take more calculated risks. Overcome the fear of losing. Encourage others to pursue their dreams.

Gordo

#17     Feb 3, 2006
  8. Greatest fear is that someone will discover my greatest fear.

#18     Feb 3, 2006
  9. My biggest fear is not to be able to overcome my fears and let them manage my life (or my trading). As Gandhi said, "Fear has its use but cowardice has none.
    It is a struggle, but by making small steps, by daring doing new things, especially those things which are uncomfortable, I believe I am on the right path. But, of course, it is an endless process.

#19     Feb 3, 2006
  10. My biggest fear is waking up in a hospital all groggy and realizing I have been in some horrible accident and looking down and seeing that my hands have been severed and replaced with hooks.

How the f**k would I trade? :(

#20     Feb 3, 2006