What is your religion or lack therof?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Bubble, Aug 8, 2007.

1. What makes you special, though, is that you would never resort to ad hominem attacks. One day, I hope to be just like you. Except different.

#31     Aug 8, 2007
  2. maxpi

maxpi

God has a best seller out that explains a lot. People spend more effort obfuscating it than understanding it by at least 10:1 but hey, that's people for you...

#32     Aug 8, 2007
  3. bluud

bluud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#33     Aug 8, 2007
  4. First Epistle to the Bluudthirsty

I've never seen anyone take my advice, "Renounce the world and make it meaningless", and dish it out with so much relish.

Just keep my mother out of it, will you?

Seriously though, no one can escape God's final judgement. But the final judgement will not come until it is no longer associated with fear.

As the Final Judgment draws nigh, you can hear a pin drop as the whole world listens in. Time pauses as eternity comes near.

Here then is the final judgement that each one must "face" in the end:

"Holy are you, eternal, free and whole, at peace forever in the Heart of God. Where is the world, and where is sorrow now?"

Believe it or not, this is the truth that everyone here is running from.

One day, each one will welcome it, and on that very day it will be given him.

Is this your judgement on yourself? Do you believe this is wholly true?

You are here still because you do not accept it yet. But it is the destiny of every Son of God who ever set foot in this world of meaningless illusions.

One instant of complete belief in this, and you will go beyond belief to Certainty.

Just one instant out of time can bring time's end.

When you speak of the world the way you do, you delay this Final Judgement.

Why?

It keeps you from discovering that you sided with it's maker.

Surprised?

And so long as you assess it's maker with such vehemence, you will never be free of what you've made with it.

It's maker is not real, and the last thing you want to do is make it real by attacking it.

It was made as a vehement attack upon yourself... made as a way to rid your mind of guilt by projecting it outside of you.

But it leaks, and guilt must constantly be projected to keep your boat from sinking.

To make this world, you had to deny who or what you are.

Having made it, it fulfills its function...to beat the living daylights out of you, making you forget where you came from.

Check out The Bourne Ultimatum, and see the parables.

The world is the incorrect answer to the question, "What am I?" And it pictures all that you think you are...and it is mistaken.

And it sends you on missions to maim and kill...mindlessly...those who are somehow "guilty". But this is what you signed up for.

The way out, then, is to discover who your are, be reasonable, expose the secrets that run it, arrest the ego, leave the innocent alone...and just walk away.

No one who has escaped the world and all its ills looks back on it with condemnation.

Is it a slaughterhouse? Well, yes. Is it entirely bogus right to the foundation? Well, yes.

Yet you can rejoice that you can be free of all the sacrifices its values would demand of you.

The key is to bring yourself to where you realize that there is nothing in the world you want from it...so that when you give it up, you sacrifice nothing.

Carry on then, if this is your purpose. And if it reduces your fear of God, so be it. If it questions the reality of the world, very well. If it questions it's sanity, good. If it washes clean the canyon crevices still harboring guilt out of your mind, ok.

Strengthen yourself with the knowledge that our Father has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it's making or maintainance.

Forgive Him what you think he has done to you, for He is innocent, just like you. And you have never succeeded in harming him, or your reality by this madhouse movie.

Strengthen yourself with the Solution he gave to untangle it, the moment it was concieved.

Blessed are they who see that this world is not worth the price of admission, who give up nothing to leave it behind.

I am not telling you what to do. I light a path out for those who want out of the nuthouse.

Jesus

#34     Aug 9, 2007
  5. As per you M.O. you have gotten completely off topic and made me the topic...

#35     Aug 9, 2007
  6. and what instruments are you using?

of course our conclusions have no bearing or influence on a limitless being .. should such a being exist. Our conclusions are for OUR purposes.. we construct models of the Universe but we know our models are simply a best map of the terrain but not the terrain itself. these models are useful only to us with our limited intellect.

But the true believer theist does know this God, his nature, his intentions without a shred of self-doubt? What special tools or knowledge are they, the theists, using that the atheist is not privy too?

If you really wish to argue we with our limits cannot know ANYTHING about the nature of a limitless being, then the dialogue is over right now. Neither of us can say anything further because NEITHER of us, atheist nor the theist can know Him or It with our limited instruments. Your position is unworkable, impractical, irrational, and you have painted yourself into a illogical corner fro which you cannot maneuver.

Do you care to retreat from this position and re-evaluate :D

#36     Aug 9, 2007
  7. pamjoey

pamjoey

I am a christian. Have attended quite a few different christian churches. Currently attend the Church of Christ.

You either serve God or Satan. We get to make this decision for ourselves. But, to unbelievers, let me say, coming from the word of God, we serve one or the other, there is no choice. To say I dont believe, in one or the other, or both, is just, as it reads, in the scriptures, foolishness.

Having faith and following God, will also make your life better. He blesses and takes care of the ones who follow him. I have seen this many times in my life. But, to live, and commit sin, willingly, you will suffer for it, not just in the hereafter, but while you are here. You reap what you sow. What comes around goes around.

If you want peace, happiness, and contenment: Seek God, and you will find it.

I have been on both sides, doing what ever pleased me, committing sin, doing the things, I thought would make me happy. There wasnt much I wouldn't do, if i thought it would make me feel better. Drugs, alcohol, making lots of money, etc.

I never found what I was looking for, until, I made a strong effort, to stop sinning, and seek God. I now have peace and contentment in my life, and its wonderful. Thank you, Father.

Tom Brady, a pro football player, once said, a few months, after winning the super bowl, Is this, all there is? Apparently, looking for something more than fame, fortune, beautiful friends etc.....
    I hope he finds it.

#37     Aug 9, 2007
  8. Bubble

Bubble

I base my atheism on perhaps "lack of evidence" more than anything else.

I have seen death and critical patients and I honestly think there is nothing at all to worship. The light just goes out when they die. Period.

Religion and heaven are figments of someone's imagination. A way to explain the unexplained. Comfort in the face of certain death. Somehow I think the religious are scared. They take comfort in rituals that honestly make no sense.

The how and why we are sentinent beings has not been explained. Science is limited to what we can sense.

#38     Aug 9, 2007
  9. A theist has intimate knowledge of the limits of his human mind, and seeks something greater than the limited nature of his human mind.

That atheists are found to be most proud of their limited intellect, and limited senses (most humans can't even catch a fly with their bare hands) and seek nothing more than a limited understanding of life, and that is their choice.

Moving beyond atheism starts with the sober admission of the limits of intellect and senses to gain knowledge, and an owning up to the fact that a desire for something that is not limited continually burns a hole in the soul.

Heck, people are free to seek whatever they want, but the theists and atheists both who proclaim they have found the truth, not only for themselves but for others are completely irrational with their claims.

Additionally, making a value judgment about which is the correct personal belief for others to hold is the epitome of ignorance.

Limited senses, limited intellect, limited thinking all will necessarily yield limited conclusions and a limited existence, and if people are actually content with this (though the fact of life is that people are not seen to be content) limited life, then who is in a position to say they are wrong with their devotion to a daily gruel of limited thinking, limited life, limited happiness, limited imagination, limited love and limited knowledge.

You plant a limited seed from a limited tree you get a limited seedling, every single time.

Those who want more, seek more. That many atheists are failed theists need not be a matter of sour grapes, they can simply say "it didn't work for me, maybe it works for them."

So if you think you can be happy in a world filtered through a limited and narrow mind, then be logical and practice acceptance of others who choose a different approach.

Oh, and while sense and intellect have their limitations by their very nature, the emotional human heart has never reached a limit beyond the nature of the closed heart that is controlled by a limited intellect.

Trust in limited thinking, or trust in the nature of the heart and the practice of faith, a personal decision.

#39     Aug 9, 2007
  10. Bubble

Bubble

Dear Iam,

I am an atheist.

I love you and everyone else as a brother without reserve. I am a moralist and live my life with honor. I do not fear death and I do not fear the unknown.
    :)

#40     Aug 9, 2007