What is your religion or lack therof?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Bubble, Aug 8, 2007.

1. atheists do not have knowledge of the EXISTENCE of a God, but they can (and do) speak to what might be necessary for a REASONABLE belief in one.

Do you see the difference?

#11     Aug 8, 2007
  2. So atheists dictate with is "reasonable" belief.

What a crack up...

#12     Aug 8, 2007
  3. Not quite. "Reason" is available to all (gdbye to the dark Ages) it's just that theists begin with the premise in a God then attempt to reason from there.

Atheists, on the contrary, begin with an open mind undecided either way but after careful evaluation of the evidence conclude a belief in God as unreasonable and untenable..

#13     Aug 8, 2007

4. First Gilisites verse 32 says:

"Deny your own Identity, and you will not escape the madness which induced this weird, unnatural and ghostly thought that mocks creation and laughs at God."

Also, First Rathians, verse 7 says,

"But learn and do not let your mind forget this law of seeing: You will look upon that which you feel within."

You can look these verses up for yourself to see that they are true here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1560589#post1560589

First Epistle To The Bubbles

1. Atheism is a deep-seeded response to a fear of God.

2. Atheism corresponds to the "believers" call for a sacrificial offering to appease what is percieved as an angry God.

3. The fear lay buried and repressed deep in your subconscious mind.

4. To deny God is a way of reducing the fear of God, and keeping it hidden.

5. Fear fosters miscreation, and miscreation fosters fear.

6. This entire universe is a miscreation built in a state of fear.

7. Fear is the energy keeping this universe intact.

8. This universe was built as a defense, anticipating an attack of reprisal from God.

9. Therefore it is designed to hide the truth, that God is. This world is a defense against the truth.

10. The evidence that God is dead is everywhere here.

11. The evidence rises before your eyes by your faith in the ideas that build it.

12. In this world, you see only what you want to see.

13. Seeing is believing, because in a world of perception, you cannot see what you do not believe.

14. You can believe only what you want.

15. This world, is therefore utterly a self-deception.

16. There is no basis for fear, therefore no basis for this world.

17. This world is the result of a massive denial of truth and love.

18. Therefore it is a massive denial of your Self.

19. Perfect love casts out fear.

20. If fear exists, then there is not perfect love.

21. But, only perfect love exists.

22. If there is fear, it produces a state that does not exist.

23. Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.

Peace

Jesus

#14     Aug 8, 2007
  5. Theists employ faith, and do not shy away from that fact, nor do they attempt to deny their practice of faith.

Atheists on the other hand, are found to practice intellectual dishonesty regularly with their denial of their own faith based belief systems, and then employ circular logic, as well as self righteousness and frequent displays of indignant self superiority and hubris.

I have no problems with the belief systems of atheists per say, they are entitled to their personal faith as much as anyone else, but when they get on their atheist soap box and start preaching what God is or isn't, what is needed to have faith in God, and that others are wrong if they don't share the same belief systems as they hold, then they cross the line from reason into personal totalitarian zeal and fundamentalist thinking of the atheistic variety.

#15     Aug 8, 2007
  6. No. That assessment clearly falls inside your domain and rests snugly on your shoulders. Judging by your posts, you are the arbiter of all that is reasonable. Anyone who colors outside the lines that you have drawn deserves your righteous scorn that is sure to follow.

#16     Aug 8, 2007

7. who you trying to kid.. the theists have the market cornered here. when was last time you saw an atheist on tv preaching? :D

if a an atheist has a "personal faith", it is the faith in reason, rationality and logic without which we are back to Dark Age of unreason and witch burning :eek:

#17     Aug 8, 2007
  8. Bubble

Bubble

This post was also supposed to contain a poll which kind of got lost in the sauce because the gremlins got hold of my computer. I did not even know this got posted until I got responses.

I also was asking what religion you had if you were religious. Down south we have all kinds of Baptists. The new religions make even less sense to me than the old ones like Judaism and Buddhism.

I come from a family of religious people. I was perhaps over exposed to how hypocritical it can be. I just see absolutely no reason to worship. Seems like a big lie. Sort of like some of these trading rooms on the net.

#18     Aug 8, 2007
  9. Classic TK9 response, when the atheists are seen spouting their faith and belief system, and then they are called on that behavior...you begin to attack the messenger, and make it about the messenger, as you don't really have any defense for the type of proselytization that goes on here ET at by the resident true believer atheists.

Again, classic...

#19     Aug 8, 2007
  10. Hey if you want to employed limited instruments like mind and senses to form you personal faith and belief systems, that's okay. However, there is no evidence that such conclusions have any bearing on the concept of an Unlimited God.

Hell, mankind can't even hear what a dog hears (because of the severe limits of the human sense of hearing) yet the true believer atheists "know" that God does not exist.

Of course, when asked why God, who is defined as Unlimited and Eternal should be known through the limited human senses and limited intellect, they have no reasonable reply...

Speaking of unreasonable:

overtooled (Dec 29, 2006 1:24:44 PM)
    Peyton looks great in a helmet doesn't he?

LMAO...

#20     Aug 8, 2007