What is your preference option strategy?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Jaques, Jan 6, 2008.

1. :confused:

#11     Jan 6, 2008
  2. Seasonal dip buying/rally selling.

#12     Jan 6, 2008
  3. Jaques

Jaques

A bit special.Can common people trade such exotic options?

Are you trader working in financial institution?

#13     Jan 7, 2008
  4. Jaques

Jaques

Does it mean calculate the possible risk and range of certain stock,then create a spread or write a naked in longer term option?

#14     Jan 7, 2008
  5. MTE

MTE

On the discretionary side, I don't limit myself to a particular strategy, I trade the one that suits best my particular outlook.

On the systematic side, I have a system that trades iron condors on a monthly basis.

#15     Jan 7, 2008
  6. Keep it simple: long call.

#16     Jan 7, 2008
  7. MTE
    I'm very interested in your IC monthly...do you "set and forget"? do you adjust? Is there a specific delta that you generally sell? thanks!

#17     Jan 7, 2008
  8. #18     Jan 7, 2008
  9. Long calls are probably the hardest way to make money trading options. You have to be an excellent stock picker, which is far from simple - even most people who pick stocks for a living can't do it consistently.

The only way they're "simple" is that they're a one-leg position, but you can get that simplicity in three other ways.

#19     Jan 7, 2008
  10. I agree.

On the other hand, selling premium is surely the easiest way to play options.....at least according to what most people tend to think = you win 9 times out of 10...:D :D

#20     Jan 7, 2008