What is your opinion about a broker which turns marginable stocks into non-marginable stock?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zdreg, Aug 5, 2020.

1. zdreg

zdreg

e.g. navx,ostk

nvax became non-marginable as of today.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'd say this is an important risk management tool for brokers. A stock that closed at 157.17 that traded as high as 189.40, should be treated differently than a stock that trades in a 3% range. We have not changed it yet, but I would not be surprised if we do later today or tomorrow. We have done that in the past.

upload_2020-8-5_11-40-16.png

3. FSU

FSU

I think they all will do it from time to time. I have a PM account and my broker will sometimes switch a stock to Reg T so I will no longer get PM benefits. Just happened to Kodak. I think its just a way for the broker to manage risk. I agree that some brokers may be more aggressive then others, though.

4. %%
    And since brokers tend to make more with margin; no doubt there is a real good reason for that.
    Put it simple; no money down[low or no risk to borrower] is a much higher home foreclosure rate . Its common sense.....................................................................

5. Girija

Girija

Stick with that broker as he is helping you ?.....

6. zdreg

zdreg

You win some. You lose some. I deal with the cards handed me.

7. zdreg

zdreg

What are the requirements for NVAX as of today?

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

upload_2020-8-6_7-58-31.png