What is your life's work outside trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Buy1Sell2, Aug 9, 2018.

1. fan27

fan27

My life's work has been:

1. Writing software to solve problems
    2. Excel to the best of my ability on my instrument (drums)

I have gone through phases where sometimes I focus on either item 1 or 2 more. Right now I am heavily focused on item 1 which is also directly related to trading.

#41     Aug 10, 2018
  2. snilson

snilson

i using trading only for hobby and diversification. i've another work

#42     Aug 11, 2018
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I saw this thread when posted and didn't think anyone was answering the question. Now, after several pages, others have pointed out the discrepancy, and the thread has imo, properly evolved.

Life's work is perhaps a bit rigid, but one "dream" of mine is to spearhead a financial/investment literacy project... The necessities to avoid falling into the after-the-fact marketing machines of the Dave Ramseys, etc. Another, is to structure my philanthropy (and life), largely inspired by the RedRocker, Sammy Hagar.

In the meantime, as an intraday trader, I donate 100% of trading profits(with a 1k guarantee), 5 trading days of the year... 1 day each quarter, 2 days in Q4. I donate to 2 local charities (food bank and womens shelter), 1 national charity(VH1 Save the Music), and 1 what I consider a "mankind" charity(Undecided for 2018. 2017 was Water For People.) If so inclined, a swing-trader could undertake philanthropic pursuit using specified trades.

In keeping with the off-topic origins of this thread...
    Some of my off-time hobbies and interests are music, archery, astronomy and astrology, computer programming, cacti and succulents, staying up to date with global and local news and events, motivation by Eric Thomas and others, doses of faith by Joel Osteen and TD Jakes.

#43     Aug 11, 2018
    vanzandt, slugar, fan27 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Boxing! Watch this

:D

#44     Aug 11, 2018
    vanzandt, BONECRUSHER and CSEtrader like this.
  5. sle

sle

“What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?”

PS. My works life is dogs. Dogs are nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
    #45     Aug 11, 2018
    vanzandt and TreeFrogTrader like this.

6. [​IMG]

#46     Aug 11, 2018