What is your IQ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tradesmith, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Bolts

Bolts

IQ tests are bogus. I took a few for fun, and I scored as low as 120, and as high as 165. They are fun though. :p

#11     Oct 5, 2003
  2. i don't really believe in them much either, but i'm no expert on testing intelligence.

#12     Oct 5, 2003
  3. Like I said, once you learn what kind of answers they expect, you will ace all the tests. Maybe that's because people with a 125 IQ design those tests, so how are they supposed to measure anything beyond that?

#13     Oct 5, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm afraid they're kidding themselves. Scores above 160 are notoriously unreliable.

#14     Oct 5, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If it's not an individually-administered test, you'd have to look at the correlation between what you took and something like the Stanford-Binet. Even so, there can be an error of +/- 15pts, which isn't too far different from the scores you received. So you can figure on around 140, if you care. I promise that whoever issues your paycheck won't.

#15     Oct 5, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A group test, or anything that isn't administered individually, is little more than a crude screening device.

As for the design, without going into detail, items are selected on the basis of what percentage of the testing population gets the right answer. It really doesn't matter what the item is. This accounts for those questions/problems which seem like nonsense.

#16     Oct 5, 2003
  7. Cutten

Cutten

I took one at school when I was young and scored 87, and I have done quite well since then, so anyone with a bad score should not be put off.

#17     Oct 5, 2003
  8. wn_leader

wn_leader

You're right.

When I was in third grade a tester came to our school looking for kids to promote to the district 'enrichment program' and my teacher recommended me. The guy administering the test guided you through each question and you were to point to what you thought was the correct answer. I lasted about ten minutes before he quietly closed the book and sent me back to class. I had no idea what the hell the questions were about and guessed at all the answers. Now I score well into the top percentile. Go figure.

#18     Oct 5, 2003
  9. Tea

Tea

I used to want to be a trader and now I are one.

<87 and proud

:cool:

#19     Oct 5, 2003
  10. Hmmmm, quite a few on the low end...

How many IDs does Scientist HAVE, anyway???

:D :D :D

#20     Oct 5, 2003