What is your IQ as a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, May 8, 2008.

What is your IQ as a trader

1. above 150

30 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. 140-149

29 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. 130-139

43 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. 120-129

36 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. 110-119

16 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. 100-109

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 90-99

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 80-89

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. below 80

23 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. Yeah, right, the market is wrong, not me.

#31     May 10, 2008
  2. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

Nice try. However, at the end of the test it tells you the incorrect answers. I clicked them and they show my answer as being correct but still listed them under incorrect.

#32     May 10, 2008
  3. epetrov

epetrov

133 points.
    What does it mean in practice?

#33     May 10, 2008
  4. this poll shows there are lots of liars on these boards

#34     May 10, 2008
  5. First of all, there is no reason for people to lie at this question, totally anonymous.

Let's look at the data.
    Majority of traders are above 130. This means one thing at least: We traders (profitable or not) are a smart breed! That's something we should be proud of.

Two scenarios:
    1. If many of the respondents are profitable, we may conclude IQ is positively correlated with trading success.

2. If many of the respondents are losing money, we have a problem: High IQ is not associated with trading success.

In either of the above cases, we cannot claim causal relationship for lack of experimental evidence, but we know damn well correlation MAY BE causation in many situations (excluding global warming's relationship with human activities, because that claim was made by a man who "invented the Internet").

#35     May 10, 2008
  6. LMAO at how many people claimed to be >150.

Don't be naive 4D. Lots of delusionals out there, even if they are anonymous...they probably really think they are at 150+.

Most people here probably haven't been through standardized testing, so it's a guess at best...and people tend to (sometimes greatly) overestimate themselves.

I know what mine is, because it was issued to me at school and was a standardized test. I don't really think IQ changes much throughout one's life. IQ is essentially one's capacity to learn and comprehend, etc.....

It's like with some people, no matter how much they work out or train they will always be too skinny and too fat because they have generally weak genetics in the physique dept....IQ is similar in my opinion...Plenty of high IQ'ers out there that are worthless....IQ is capacity and potential. Just like I know plenty of people who could be ripped as hell if they'd just get off their ass and train a little, but they are lazy, and therefore physcially mediocre, even though they probably don't have to ever worrying about becoming fat like most other people with weaker genetics who are lazy like them.

A person with a high IQ will find they can pretty much coast through school, etc with minimal effort and generally pick things up faster than others...but unless they really crank it up and get in gear, they will still just be essentially mediocre.

P.S. I didn't vote. I am just saying.

#36     May 10, 2008
  7. epetrov

epetrov

If we see the definition of intelligence from wikipedia:

"Intelligence is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. "
    from this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

then the higher IQ must help someone become a successful trader. Of cource a lot of other things are required as efforts, time, support and so on.

Concerning my IQ: it has always been around 130+. I know this from other IQ tests, too. See the attachmant.

#37     May 11, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

All those under 80 should feel relief.

Due to the Supreme Court you are unqualified for the death penalty if ever convicted in a capitol murder case.

They have termed you functionaly retarded.

No restrictions on trading though.

#38     May 11, 2008
  9. An IQ test was done on Everybody Loves Raymond.
    At least that is what Ray and Debra thought. The
    real test was as to how each would react to the other
    when one believed one was smarter than the other.
    Then Robert comes over and says he made a mistake,
    (which of course he did not, since there was no test)
    and by accident reversed the test results. Then, of course
    Ray and Debra react again. Robert observes all this for
    his police training, so he can write a paper on it all for
    some psychology course or something he was doing.

The click below is not funny but may serve to help some
    recall the episode if they forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHm0QOnx-A

-Stephen

#39     May 11, 2008
  10. elpropio

elpropio

125 and I don't speak english :)

#40     May 11, 2008