what is your feeling about IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tradesmith, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. and one other thing - he just does not get a clue when enough is enough.

#51     Sep 25, 2003
  2. CalTrader, in many cases, what you said is definitely true - you do want to convert the person into your own client, but not if the client is obviously way more headache than they are worth. That is not to say that every complaining person should just shut up and take it. However in this case, I am pretty sure OTE would display the same behavior with other firms if he/she feels that they have been wronged, whether justified or not. I do not want to have my tech support spend hours having to read his long winded emails that boil down to rehashing the same statements that have already been replied to. I do not want my tech support to be accused of lying if they pick a slightly wrong word in their reply. And for what? Just to be badmouthed publicly. I would have given him his $20 dollars and closed his account for him

#52     Sep 25, 2003
  3. taodr

taodr

I was asked to remove my previous post.

#53     Sep 25, 2003
  4. Fact: You have a business relationship with IB and you should disclose that in your posts in their defense.

Fact: You've posted five posts in their defense, so repetition doesn't seem to disturb you when YOU engage in it.

Fact: My emails with IB were brief: one or two short sentences each. It was when I was treated to lies, not mistakes, and not the wrong choice of one word, that I brought it public.

Fact: It's false accusations such as yours that create the length of all this, and protract the discussion.

Fact: It was NEVER about the money, which by the way, was not $20.

Fact: With several decades of work with many brokerage firms only two have lied to me, and IB is one of the two. If your company doesn't actually LIE, they wouldn't be accused by me of lying.

Your heated involvement is curious to me!

#54     Sep 25, 2003
  5. OverTheEdge:

Fact: I was not talking to you

Fact: My business relationship with IB is that my software connects to their software. That is it. We do not get any more privilege or money than anyone else that comes off the street and writes to their API. Def has told you that, but he must have been lying, right?

Fact: I have not posted in their defense. I just posted that YOUR posts are inappropreate because they are a) Repeating b) offensive c) long winded. My only repetition is replying to you.

#55     Sep 25, 2003
  6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

... OR you simply could have fixed their problem in the first place, kept them as a customer and down the road recapped a small onetime cost with future revenue.

In almost every business it is much cheaper to keep customers than to get new ones. Eating a few dollars for the chance at not having to pay the costs to obtain a new replacement customer is smart business.

Also, in our experience, public badmouthing in these types of forums has almost no effect on business. However, our research shows that negative or confrontational responses have a measuable negative effect.

So if this incident had happened in my company I would have instructed the reps to find a way to make the customer happy.

... And like I said I would never call a customers complaints worthless or attempt to give reasons as to why I dont want them or cant accomodate them: This type of behaviour really does not cast any company in a good light and I cant think of any reason that a CEO would be saying these types of things in public when they clearly dont help your company ..... I guess we will agree to disagree.

#56     Sep 25, 2003
  7. You were talking ABOUT me on a public forum. If you don't want me to respond, bad-mouth me in private, then. lol

You say you don't get any more privilege or money than anyone else who writes to IB's API. So, what is that privilege or money?

There is SOMETHING, isn't there? You do have a business relationship with them in which money or privileges or services do change hands, don't you? Don't you think you should disclose that when you defend them on a public forum? I do.

Gee, I thought you just said in one of your now many posts in this thread: "one of the most respected members of ET (def) who has always gone out of his way to help everyone here" and I guess I considered that a defense of IB and of DEF. Yes, I know you've called me names in numerous posts, and that your interest is at least as much in calling me names as in defending def and IB.

If you don't want me to be long-winded, then why don't you stop posting about me?

QUOTE]Quote from j_medved:

OverTheEdge:

Fact: I was not talking to you

Fact: My business relationship with IB is that my software connects to their software. That is it. We do not get any more privilege or money than anyone else that comes off the street and writes to their API. Def has told you that, but he must have been lying, right?

Fact: I have not posted in their defense. I just posted that YOUR posts are inappropreate because they are a) Repeating b) offensive c) long winded. My only repetition is replying to you.
    [/QUOTE]

#57     Sep 25, 2003
  8. damn you are dense.

Do you get any privilege or money when you connect to IB's API? NO. That's the point. You can keep trying to twist it into something its not, but that will still remain the answer. How many different ways can I say it to get it through your head? WE DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM IB!!!! NOTHING. NO MONEY. NO PRIVILAGE. When everyone else gets nothing, then "No more than anyone else" means nothing as well.

Here is a new concept - someone may think that you may be wrong in your continued assault on IB without even liking IB. They may just dislike YOUR tactics.

#58     Sep 25, 2003
  9. taodr

taodr

It's now time for the moderator to have a little sense and close this thread.

#59     Sep 25, 2003
  10. damir00

damir00 Guest

there isn't any. nor did he suggest there is any. if you would like to allegate that there is, feel free to do so.

#60     Sep 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.