what is your feeling about IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tradesmith, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. def

def Sponsor

Look, you keep calling me and others liars for making a statement. I do not have to read your audit trail at this point as someone did and came to a conclusion. You asked for a credit, we said keep the trade instead and gave you a the following reason..

"We cannot assume which of those, if any, would have been executed had they been received by the exchange. "

You claim this is a lie. If you can convince me that we could be certain that you would have left your order at the exchange for the many hours that it would have taken for the market to reach your price without sending in another modification, I'll concede that I was wrong. Until then, I stand by the statement. If not, I'd hope you'd understand our reasoning and have a strong enough character to apologize for your assault at my (and the firms) integrity.

#41     Sep 25, 2003
  2. DEF: You are indeed, lying.

Since you haven't read the audit trail, naturally you personally can't know anything at all about it, so you should at least SHUT UP.

But when you say "we" you mean the firm and the firm, having a copy of that audit trail absolutely can tell which order would have filled. OR NOT. None would have filled at that time. NONE of the prices were approached. The order should have been busted in a timely fashion, I could have reinstituted the last order at that time and it would have filled a few hours later in the day.

You could know by LOOKING at the audit trail that none should have filled. You can't know by persistently saying you haven't looked at it, but have an opinion anyway! And your opinion is nonsensical, assuming as you do, that status reports are useless, that no one can tell what order would fill after reviewing the entire trail! Of course one can tell. That's why they exist. If no one could tell, there'd be no point in having them.

It's you who owes me the apology, but believe me, I know you aren't capable of admitting you were wrong.

#42     Sep 25, 2003
  3. I pities the man who sells this guy a car...!

#43     Sep 25, 2003
  4. ...Never wrassle with a pig. The pig likes it too much.

#44     Sep 25, 2003
  5. Can the moderator please take of this moron? I think he got a wrong hande. Should be OverTheEdge. One thread was already closed because of this exact discussion. This should be the second one.

#45     Sep 25, 2003
  6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Why would anyone care ? I dont. Why do you ? I think IB has enough business to not worry about this and it is a great illustration of what not to do in dealing with customers.

And to all those who complain about how you would not want this guy as a customer I would say that a better strategy would be to figure out how to convert this person into your customer.

Oh and by the way, if you are "CEO" of some type of company, then it might be a good strategy to not appear to disrepect potential customers .... probably not a good strategy ... just my opinion.

#46     Sep 25, 2003
  7. Why not just give him Mr. Peterfly's home phone Number!

#47     Sep 25, 2003
  8. CalTrader, I am the CEO of "some" company, and really do not want him as my client. I thought I made that pretty obvious. And, I am not going to kiss someone's ass, or hold back my opinion just because they are a potential client. That's selling out.

As to why I care - "Ignore" does not work very well, since the posts then just make less sense because you only see one side. And in the case of OverTheEdge, he is extremely long winded, totally lacks the ability to comprehend the simplest of concepts, belligerent, and has managed to offend just about everyone, including one of the most respected members of ET (def) who has always gone out of his way to help everyone here.

And to add to that, if you use the "why does anyone care" argument, then we might as well not have moderators in the first place.

#48     Sep 25, 2003
  9. Come, now, Jerry! In reality, you have a business relationship with IB and you have objected to my report of how badly I have been treated there, from the first. Don't you think you should be disclosing that you have ties to IB, when you post in their defense?

IGNORE works fine. And you don't lose the flow because most posts quote from the post to which they're responding, so you can get the context and the flow very well and still keep me on IGNORE, choosing individually whether to read the quote section of others' posts if you want to glean more of the context.

I think the point CALTrader was making is that IB and all companies should treat customers with respect. While you seem to have a lot of personal regard for DEF, the fact is that my experience with him was deplorable.

In two posts now, he violated my privacy, he has been rude to me and disrespectful, he has intentionally insulted me and he has told me lies.

You think he's a great guy and you don't recognize he's not so great with everyone. You think you kno him SO well that you know he doesn't do things to other people that are deplorable? Okay, then give him a character reference, and I'll do the opposite and why do you keep wanting to censor the other side?

You don't have to read these threads about IB at all. You don't have to read my posts, either. But you want to stop them, to censor them, and I find that curious at best.

#49     Sep 25, 2003
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I run a couple of decent sized ventures: I would never say to a dissatisfied customer that their complaint is without merit: to them it is of merit and you wont convince them otherwise.

Also, its not "selling out" to figure out a way to make someone else's dissatisfied customer yours: its the basis of business. If a potential customer is a match for your service or product them it only makes sense to try to capture them.

Even if they are not a match, commenting on how poor a customer they are in a public forum only tarnishes your reputation and will make other potential customers and business partners wary of doing business with you or your firm. Nobody "needs" to do business with a particular person or firm: there are always alternatives.

This person has voiced their complaint and (finally) the company rep (def) did the correct thing and simply said that he undestands they are not happy and appolgized for not helping: which is probably waht should have been done in the first place.

At this point , yes, the moderator could close the thread but I see no harm in letting it be - just choose to not read it.

#50     Sep 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.