What is your favorite platform/website to view charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Robby Luca, Jul 3, 2017.

1. My question to all of you is, what are your favorite platforms or websites to view charts?
    I have a Mac and there are not many platforms that are available for Macs.

I use Trader Workstation and stockcharts.com.
    What do you guys use and recommend?

2. just21

just21

VPhantom, drm7 and Sprout like this.
  3. _eug_

_eug_

I trade through sierra charts but also look at barchart.com for futures when away from computer.

4. I'm a very simple, basic guy -- I just use Google Finance chart when I trade, o_O

No fancy or complex specialized Top Gun 'trader' software with a bunch of weird, messy extra features that I feel are completely meaningless,

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    antiseptic likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Tradingview is pretty sweet. Very responsive and the data corroborates with ToS. They appear to have a port through Tradovate, which I'm exciting to give a go.

What I don't like is that there is poor documentation on Pine their scripting language and afaik no api's to offer to some of the more tech savvy. I haven't used their scanner nor posted much on the social side, lot's of ideas though. An add-on is a market replay feature but equites only.

Parallels on an SSD Mac works pretty good. Although I enjoy mac native so much more.

Windows security issues, hmm, no thanks.

6. comagnum

comagnum

Free real time charts & last price of all global markets.
    Great charting tools, alerts, news, & trading tools.

https://www.investing.com/

7. douhuahl

douhuahl

thinkorswim

Robby Luca likes this.
  8. birzos

birzos

We have our own because none of the brokers went down to 100ms charts and we needed to integrate our proprietary server side analysis process that shows institutional capitulation points. But that's just the professional version (web and installed), the institutional version is more fun, drag-drop reatime synthetic index builder and the creme de la creme, visual chart pattern recognition technology to link in with our server side analysis. We do our POC on Tradestation, the only one with 1second charts.

upload_2017-7-4_8-51-52.png

9. M.ST.

M.ST.

Only one out of which group?
    I know of at least four softwares allowing 1s interval.

10. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Sounds like mighty BS to me. And then in the end after all this talk you post a 1min candle chart lol

#10     Jul 4, 2017