What is your FAVORITE indicator?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Feb 17, 2018.

1. boomdog

boomdog

Have you ever heard of Karina Fabi? I personally had become so frustrated with indicators, lagging or real time, that I striped my charts down to nothing but candle sticks. I used time frames of 1,5,15,30 and 60 minute charts. I draw my own support and resistance lines before the open on my 5 minute chart. The 1 minute give me a heads up, and when the bar color of the 5 and 15 minute colors are the same I take the trade, unless the price is too close to a S/R line. If the 30 minute changes to the same color, all the better. I use the 60 minute more for major S/R pivots, or levels. I've read on Big Mikes, futures.io, where some people have coded something like this, but never really found anything. I found Karina by doing an internet search wanting to find a software that was wrapped around time. If I was to use an indicator it would probably be a footprint chart. My suggestion to you is start out by watching Karina. Also, I trade only the NQ, and I do not trade for the first 20-30 minutes. Hope this helps.

boomdog

#41     Feb 24, 2018
  2. True. And which one is your favorite?

#42     Feb 24, 2018
  3. boomdog

boomdog

If you are asking which one is my favorite between my time charts or a footprint chart, I'll take the time charts evry single time. I would only use a footprint chart to enhance my trading. Also, I would put the footprint on a 1 minute. It's a very popular setting for footprints charts. If you can find a free demo for a footprint chart, set it on a 1 minute and watch for a major turning point or pivot as we might call it. You'll be pretty surprised.

#43     Feb 24, 2018